| 12 | Are You Serious? | 12 |

It had been two weeks since the Avengers had found out about May and the abuse.

It had been two weeks since I moved into the Avengers tower.

And today was the day that CPS was supposed to come.

To say I was nervous would be a huge understatement. I knew that if I ended up in foster care, there was a chance I ended up with someone just as bad as May. Maybe even worse. The thought that I could be back into a situation like that truly terrified me, and it made me want to just crawl under a planet and die. A normal rock wouldn't work since I had survived being crushed by a literal building, so I needed something bigger to do the job.

It's not that I want to die, but I'm just scared. I'm scared of constantly being scared. I'm scared of the constant fear and paranoia. It was exhausting to have to always watch my back, scared that May would beat me for the smallest mistake. I had never really known how awful it had felt until I moved in with the Avengers, but now I realized how physically and emotionally draining it actually is.

"Mr. Stark would like me to inform you that they have found Mrs. Parker, and gathered enough evidence for a trial. He would like you to meet him in the living room." My heart stopped, breathing becoming increasingly difficult. I wasn't having a panic attack, but I was more just in a state of shock.

"Okay. Thanks Fri!" I responded with the most cheerful voice I could muster while I was freaking out internally.

"My pleasure." She responded.

I groaned, and trudged into the common area, where Mr. Stark was sitting next to a middle aged man in a suit on the couch.

"Hey Pete! This is uh... Agent." Mr. Stark said.

"Phil Coulson." The man said, standing up and offering his hand, which I quickly shook, and sat down next to Mr. Stark.

"We should have May Parker in custody by the end of the day." He said quickly, then left. 

I looked down, taking a sudden interest in the floor, and began fiddling with my thumbs.

"Pete?" Mr. Stark said, looking at me kindly. "You okay?" I just shrugged.

Before Mr. Stark had a chance to say anything else, FRIDAY spoke up.

"Sir, the people from social services are here."

"Thanks Fri."

Less than a second later, the elevator beeped, and a tall, skinny woman with dirty blond hair pulled up into a long ponytail stepped in. 

"Ms. Heathers from social services. I'm here to talk about Peter Parker?" She spoke. She was honestly a quite beautiful person, not in a romantic way, but a respectful "you look good" type of way. 

"Ah yes. Come on in." Mr. Stark said in a semi-formal tone. Ms. Heathers complied, sitting in the small, gray chair that Mr. Stark had motioned to.

"We have a few families interested in fostering someone about his age. We should be able to get Peter off your hands by the end of the day-" Mr. Stark held up his hand, cutting her off.

"What makes you think I want him off my hands?" That caught my attention. I looked up, eyes wide. Mr. Stark was just staring, face emotionless, at Ms. Heathers.

"You want to adopt him?" Ms. Heathers asked. 

"If that's alright with Pete." Mr. Stark said looking my direction.

"W-wait are you serious?" Mr. Stark just looked at me with a smile that was leaning slightly more towards a smirk. "Y-yeah. That would be awesome!"

"Great. Then it's settled." He said, looking back at Ms. Heathers, who wore a shocked, but happy expression. 

"Wonderful! I have the papers with me if you'd like to confirm everything now."

"Of course."

Ms. Heathers took a couple of papers out of her fancy clipboard, and set them on the table along with a pen. After filling out some paper work and having both Mr. Stark and I sign, she took the papers back, and said, "Congratulations to the both of you. You are now Peter Stark." and with those final words, she left, wearing a smile bigger than the ocean. 

I am cringing at this chapter! I feel like it is really bad, but I don't really know... This took me a long time because I got a random case of writers block so I'm sorry! I also have no idea  how social services and things like that work, so excuse any mistakes I made! The last chapter is coming the day after tomorrow!

Have a wonderful day!