Chapter Five

Chapter Five

I had another vision... dream thing.

It was shortly after one in the morning when I finally fell asleep, not that it was hard considering Akin had worn me out and I was incredibly sore and exhausted. I felt like a satisfied cat curled up around Akin's waist as we fell asleep.

I expected to have another dream relating to my past, but this one was different. I was in some kind of room, a garden. It was small, though, and indoors. Surrounded by wide marble archways with only two doors that entered the outdoor hallway. In the center was the garden, with an open roof overhead to reveal a brilliant blue cloudless sky. The garden was rich with bright green foliage, different species of ferns and vines climbing the arches toward the sunlight that poured in through the roof. It was probably a twelve by twelve garden, if at all, but had enough room for a couple of small trees that spilled over each other, leaves brushing my head, hanging down low.

There was even a small pond with colorful fish darting back and forth, a frog seated on a lily pad, croaking softly. Flowers lit the place up as brightly as the sunlight, a vibrant shades of yellow, blue, and purple, a couple that were red.

It smelled sweet, mingled with the ocean breeze that came through the roof.

Nothing about it looked familiar to me, and yet, I still got that niggling nostalgic sensation from it. I looked around, frowning at how tall everything was around me. For a second, I wondered if I had somehow shrunk until I approached the pond and stared into it, startled to see a much younger version of myself. Tiny, probably only a couple feet tall, with black hair laced with gold feathers on one side, a rich and expensive set of robes that pooled at my feet, gold jewelry hanging around my neck, from my wrists and ankles.

Yeah, I'm high on something.

Maybe the sex had been so intense that it was driving me insane, or it was buried stress over the situation with Xenon. I couldn't really explain it.

I heard some kind of murmuring a moment later, making me frown and turn to see someone moving in the foliage behind me. There was someone standing behind one of the trees, lurking in the shadows its low hanging branches cast. I tilted my head, slowly moving toward it, even though I knew better than to do so. It was like I didn't have control over my body and it sent little bits of panic rushing through me, but still I couldn't do anything else, except move toward the large fern leaves.

I reached a hand out to push them aside, and suddenly everything around me changed as a hand shot out and caught my wrist in a vice grip. I opened my mouth, but no sound came out. The garden around me vanished, as if swallowed by darkness.

Now I was standing in some kind of dark jungle forest, a tall dark shadow moving in front of me, but I couldn't see who or what it was. Just their massive paw swallowing my hand, gripping it so tightly that it was a miracle my tiny hand didn't shatter.

I could hear the shadow growling like an animal, a really pissed off animal, but I couldn't make out any words. But I did feel words form on my lips now, and even though there was no sound, aside from the forest around us rustling and crickets chattering, I could make out the words with ease.

Mya mya.

A second later, the shadow whirled on me and backhanded me so hard that I snapped right out of my nightmare and shot up in bed, gasping out loud. Even though my body still ached from last night activities, it wasn't enough to keep me in bed because I shoved the blankets back and moved out of the bed so fast that I hit the floor on my face. I cursed, listening to Akin moving in the bed behind me before light flooded the room as he turned the lamp on.