Chapter 3

I return back to the room I left Sam in after my brief conversation with Sasha. I think about asking him why he likes me on the walk. But how can I ask him when I don’t even have the guts to be vulnerable for five seconds? When I get there, I see Michael and Sam sitting together on the couch. Sam smiles when he sees me. I am so angry with Michael and it shows. If looks could kill, he’d have an immediate death. “Why did you make the face? You didn’t like the kiss?” Michael says as if he was torturing me and enjoying it.

“What are you talking about?” Sam says with pain and jealous curiosity in his voice.

“Your girl kissed me.” Michael says sounding superior.

“Is this true?”

“No! Well, we kissed but I didn’t kiss him. I had no idea what was happening. I’m so sorry. I didn’t enjoy it like I enjoyed our kiss,” I say really embarrassed. I didn’t enjoy either kiss to be honest - but Michael’s much less - I just said it because I thought he wouldn’t be as mad.

“Oh, this is rich. I wish I got it on camera.” Michael says trying to piss Sam and I off.

“Shut up Michael!” We yell in sync.

“I’m really sorry Sam. I didn’t have any choice in the matter. It just…it just…happened. I want to strangle Michael more than I should for kissing me.”

“But you still kissed him.”

“Regrettably.” I say with disappointment quite evident in my voice.

“You regret our kiss?” Michael asks not sounding hurt in the least but fake acting surprised.

“You know it.” I snap at him.

“I have to go.” Sam says as he gets up, and leaves.

“Ready for another one?” Michael puckers his lips.

“You disgust me.” I spring up from the couch and whip a pillow at his face.

“Ow! That hurt!”

“I’m glad.”

I look for Same until eleven o’clock. Seeing that I am unsuccessful, I go into the main room to look for someone who might know where he is. “Chlo, can I talk to you for a second?” It’s my nana.

“Sure, nans. What’s going on?” I say trying to sound nonchalant.

“Do you what happened to Sam? I saw him run up the stairs earlier looking pretty upset.”

“No, I’m not sure what happened to him. I’ll go check to see if he’s alright.” I hate lying to my nana, but I’m not in the mood to tell her everything that happened. I scan the room for Nathan because surely he would know where Sam’s favourite places are in the house. “Hey, Nathan.”

“Do you need something?”

“I know this might sound a bit suspicious, but I don’t feel like explaining right now. Do you know where Sam spends most of his time in this house?”

“Go up the stairs and turn left. He’s probably in a closet in the third room on the right.”

“Thank you, Nathan.”

I start up the stairs and I hear a little voice coming from the step behind me. “H, where are you going?” It’s six year-old James.

“Oh, hi James. I am looking for Sam.”

“Can I come with you?”

“Sure.” I bend down and James jumps up on my back.

I follow Nathan’s instructions. I am just about to open the third door on the right side. “That room’s really scary, C.” I find it so cute how he calls me ‘C’.