Chapter 16 - Final Chapter

A while later, I wait on the deck with my feet dangling in the water while Sam has a shower. I can’t help but stare at him as he walks over to the bathroom. My eyes follow him until he closes the door. Before no time at all, I hear the water running and as I sit by the pool, I think about how great the past few days have been. Our relationship has come so far especially since New Years. I wait patiently for a while then I see him pop his head out of the bathroom and walk towards me. “Did you shower with your bathing suit on?”

“Yeah,” he says with a nervous laugh.

“Why?”

“To be honest I though you were going to come in,” he says as his cheeks get red.

“Did you want me to?”

“I don’t know,” he says unconvincingly, “Maybe.”

“Next time then,” I say with a smile.

Sam’s Point of View

         As she sits there on the deck with her feet dangling in the water, the only thing I am thinking about is how beautiful she is. “What?”

“What?” I say snapping out of my daze.

“You were staring at me. Is my bikini falling down or something?” She says pulling her bikini top up.

“No, you’re bikini’s fine,” I say with a small laugh.

“Then what?” I hold my hand out to her and she accepts it by pulling herself up. “I think you grew,” I say noticing that my head is now at her lips.

“Really?” She says excitedly.

“Good for volleyball,” I say smiling.

“Yes, it is.” She bends down and says “Hop on.” I jump on her back and get a piggyback ride all the way upstairs. She puts me down when we reach the bedroom. She goes to the bathroom and hops in the shower. Instead of just waiting for her to finish, I go out to the hallway and walk around. I notice that one of the doors is closed so I open it and see a note on the bed. I read it and take it back to Chloe’s and my bedroom for her to read as well.

A few minutes later, she walks out of the bathroom in her towel and curls up in a ball beside me on the bed with her wet hair on my shoulder. “Whatcha got there?” She asks me referring to the paper.

“I think you should read it.” I hand her the note and wait to see her reaction.

Chloe… I know you won’t believe me, but I am so truly sorry for what I did to you. This is no excuse for it, but alcohol can negatively influence me and without it in my system, I would’ve never done anything like that, I can promise you that. You probably hate me now, and you never want to see me again but I just want you to know that I never meant for this to happen. I don’t expect you to forgive me in any stretch of the imagination, just know how truly sorry I am for what I have done.

My sincerest apologies,

Nathan

“You okay?” I ask wrapping my arm around her shoulders.

“I guess,” she says shrugging.

“I feel like I should tell you something.” She sits up and faces me square on. “You weren’t the first girl he did that to.

“How many others?”

“Three.” She looks horrified and disgusted.  “After the second time, I told him to stop drinking. He listened and didn’t drink for a month, and then he went to a party and got hammered. He came home with a girl and took her up to his room. A while later, I woke up to screams and my dad had to pin Nathan down to the ground as my mom lead the crying girl out of the house.”

“Wow.” Her jaw drops in shock. “I don’t really know what to say.”

“Let’s change the subject.”

Chloe’s Point of View

Late that night, Sam and I are getting ready for bed. He smoothly pulls his shirt over his head once again revealing his chiseled muscle. He catches me staring. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

I half smile. “Because you’re beautiful.”

“No I’m not, and you know it.”

“Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.”

“I don’t deserve you.”

“Don’t say that. Everyone knows that out of the two of us, you’re the better person. Therefore, I don’t deserve you.”

“Better at what? Being stupid, annoying, and awkward?”

“Jesus, Sam! Stop being so damn hard on yourself! You are an amazing person and I love you! I fucking love you! ” I shouted. We both freeze and stay silent. This whole time I’ve realized that I’ve had much stronger feelings for him then ‘liking’ him, but I didn’t know what to call it. Now that those three words have been spilled from my mouth, I know what to call that feeling: Love. “You…love me?” He asks sounding shocked. He sits down beside me on the ground obviously confused about something. “I’m sorry I shouldn’t’ve said it. Especially in that way.”

“You don’t know how much that means to me,” he says looking at his hands, which are on his lap. I’m a bit confused at what’s going on at the moment. His actions are telling me many different things than his words are. “Are you okay?” I ask wanting to know what the hell is going on.

“The girl of my dreams just told me she loves me,” he says with a tear in his eye, “I am more than okay.” He wraps his arms around my upper back and tucks his head under my neck. I hug him back with one arm, and put the other around his neck with my hand on his head. He pulls away and looks into my eyes. “I love you, too.”

The End

The End