Skeleton Saturday

"What color do you like?" Joi asked Peyton so she could paint her toes and nails.

"Pink!" She pointed to a really pretty shade of pink.

As a part of our weekend we were spending one on one time with Peyton. We were having a ball. We went to breakfast and we were getting our nails done. She was more excited about our trip to the store to get the stars for her room.

"That's a pretty color, Tink." I said waiting for my nails to dry.

"Thank you. I like yours, too." She smiled.

"When we're done here we are going to get you a doll."

Her eyes lit up as she said, "A Kenya doll? Can we buy her a dress for church tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I think we can get her a few outfits for her." I told her and she gave me the biggest smile she could.

"Okay, little Ms. Peyton, you're all done." Joi said spinning Peyton's chair so she could hop down.

"Look, she did it like yours." Peyton said showing me the little design that Joi put on her index finger and her big toe.

"That's cute, Pey. Come on we have a doll to buy."

We walked through the mall to get to the doll store when I thought I saw someone who I never wanted to see again. I just thought it was my imagination and kept it going. We got Peyton's doll and some accessories. Of course I went overboard, but it was all for the sake of my baby girl. She was happy and we were working on getting her back to the little girl that we loved.

We were walking out of the mall when I bumped into someone while I was looking for my keys.

"Oh. I'm sorry." I said looking up and I took a step back. "T-Terrance?"

"Camille. Thought I'd never see you again." He smiled.

Terrance Moore was the man I dated before Brandon. It wasn't much of a relationship because he was unfaithful the entire time we dated. He would make me feel like it was my fault and I would be the one apologizing for the wrongs he committed. It was smoothing talking and dreads that attracted me to him. He had a toasted almond complexion and a way of manipulating that would make you second guess if the sky was blue or green.

"Is that your daughter?" He asked smiling at Peyton as she moved behind my legs.

"I thought you couldn't have kids?" He glared at me as I grabbed Peyton's hand and tried to go around him.

"Terrance, we don't have anything to talk about."

"Oh, I think we possibly have twenty thousand things to talk about, but two for sure, Camille." He grabbed my arm to keep me from moving. The harder I pulled to get away the stronger his grip got. His eyebrows shot up when he noticed my wedding ring.

"Clearly, he doesn't know you if he wifed you."

"It's none of your business, Terrance. Let me go! I can give you the money back. It's not that big of a deal. Can we not talk about this in front of my daughter?"I asked running my hand over Peyton's hair.

"Ok. Now what about the seeds that I planted and you killed." He whispered yelled at me as my eyes grew big in shock as I snatched away from him. "You thought I didn't know?" He let out a dry laugh.

"Mommy, I want papa." Peyton whined because I'm sure she was scared of some random man putting his hands on me.

"I'm not doing this. Stay away from me, Terrance." I said and I started walking away pretty much dragging Peyton.