Past Present Future

"What are you doing here? Get out of my office, Terrance." I said pointing to the door.

"I'm here to collect my debt." He told me closing the door and coming to sit on the edge of my desk closest to me.

"Well it's not like I have twenty thousand dollars just sitting under my MacBook. I'm working so you're gong to have to wait. I would ask how you knew to find me, but I'm sure I already know the answer to that." I stood and walked over to the window.

"Camille, Camille, Camille. You know me so well, baby. You know, I was really hurt when I came home that day and you were gone."

"Yeah, hurt that your puppet and-Terrance please leave. Give me a number or something and I'll contact you when I have your money." He walked towards me and pulled me to him.

We were front to front and I wanted to pull away, but he was going to manhandle me if I resisted. His grip was tight and I winced from his fingers digging in my arms.

"Remember that game we use to play? Hmm? You know the one where I was simon and you did what I said?"

"Terrance, let me-"

"Uh uh. I didn't say you talk yet, Camille. This is what you're going to do. We're going to the bank right now and I want my money. Actually, you owe interest. I want fifty."

"I didn't take that much from you." I said through gritted teeth.

"Remember me and T use to work together? I know all about your little secret." He said in my ear and kissed my neck.

"Get off of me!" I yelled because at the point I needed someone to come to my office.

"I'm not blackmailing you. Just consider it a payoff in addition to what you owe me." He moved my hair out of my face and stared into my eyes.

"It's not a secret anymore, Terrance. My husband knows." I rubbed my wrist where he held me in a vice like grip.

"The police don't. Before you say anything else please remember who you're dealing with."

Terrance could be ruthless and heartless when he wanted something. He wasn't like that when I met him. He wined and dined me. I thought he was a student, but I was too far gone by the time I realized what he really did. It didn't make things better when Trent found out we were dating. He didn't talk to me for a week when I wouldn't break up with Terrance. He warned me over and over again about him, but I was in love or at least I thought I was.

I can't tell you how many nights he would have me waiting for him and he'd never show or he'd show up looking like yesterday and smelling like whoever she was. He told me it was my fault until I was ready to give him what he needed. I was fool enough to think that he would change, but the cheating only got worse. For two weeks he asked me if I was pregnant. He kept better track of my period than I did. I denied it, but I was and I refused to bring a baby in this world. Especially my world where General, Cat and Terrance existed. That was the first time I had an abortion. Trent was the one who took me to have the procedure done. He asked me over and over if that was what I wanted. It wasn't what I wanted, but I needed it to happen.

"So are we going to the bank or am I going to the police station? I'm not blackmailing you, I'm just giving you options." He shrugged his shoulders as he stood in front of me.

"Let's go. You take this money and you stay away from me and my family."

"Speaking of family what made you have not one, but two abortions?" He asked and I tensed up because I didn't want to have that conversation with him.

"Were going to bank, right? Let's go." I tried to go around him, he put his arm on the wall trapping me. He used his body to push me against the wall.