CHAPTER 13 |Unexpected|

Angela's POV

"What are you doing, Helen?" I asked sweetly and rolled on the other side of the bed. 

"I'm trying to watch Netflix, but certain someone interrupted me." She said amused. 

"I know you love me. Because I love you too." I cheered.

"That I do. What's up with you?" 

"I'm laying in my bed trying to kill my boredom. The kids are in their rooms and Jay is in his office working." I explained.

"Aww. I feel bad for you, but you can watch Netflix." She paused. "Or you can go to Jay and have mind-blowing office s*x." I could literally imagine her with the smirk. But blush couldn't leave my face.

"Don't make me horny. My hormones are out of the roof already." I whined quitely. 

"Sorry." She laughed. "But you're easy to tease." 

"Did Greg call you since we all met each other? I remember that you gave him your number after he pleaded you." I smirked, knowing she will get flustered. That Greg guy was really handsome, but Helen was just playing hard to get.

"He did. And asked me to go with him on a date. But I'm not sure if I want to go. He looks like a player." She said.

"He does. I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should try and see what happens. He looks harmless." 

"I guess I can try. It's been a long time since I was on a date." She sighed, agreeing. 

"Helen, can I tell you something? But don't tease me." I said seriously. 

"Sure, babe." 

"I think I like Jay. I like like him. You know what I mean?" I confessed.

"Oh someone caught feelings?" I blushed red thinking about him. 

"When you're ready confess to him, do it. By those hungry stares he was giving to you, I bet he likes you too." She said. Her words gave me a tiny hope that everything can come out well.

"I hope so." I said. Outside my room I heard voices of kids. They seemed excited about something. I didn't know if somebody came or something is going on.

"Helen, I'll call you later. I think somebody arrived." I said. 

"Sure. Love you." 

"Love you too." 

I got up from the bed and went outside the room. I wobbled down the stairs as squeals were increasing. Kids sounded very excited for something that I didn't know of. Maybe some relative came to visit. But as I reached the end of the stairs, voice of the woman became too familiar.

"I missed you too, guys." I turned around the corner to see whose voice was that and saw none other than the woman I hated the most.

"Here you are. Angela, come meet Donatella." Jay said smiling. He took my hand gently and walked me further in the living room. Donatella's stone cold face turned fakely sweet once she saw me. She was the person that put me in the misery with my baby in my stomach. I was kicked outside of my flat because I couldn't pay my rent when she didn't give me a penny for the last two weeks I was working. I was waiting for that money when I realized she won't give it to me. Those weeks went in waste.

"Hey, Angela. Nice to meet you again." She smiled. That set me off when my angry hormones kicked in. I let go of Jay's hand and went ahead to slap her. And it felt good when I did, just my palm was also burning.

My wrist was grabbed harshly and I was pulled backwards. Jay looked at me furiously as I realized what I just did. He will think I'm a bad person now. And by the tight hold he was having on my wrist, tears almost started pouring down my face, but I held it back.