eight

"Oh my god!" I yell as Alaric drops to the ground, with him the knife he had been holding.

"Kayleigh!" Meredith says rushing by my side, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, what about Alaric?"

"Grab a vile of blood from the fridge, it's hidden in one of the drawers." I do as Meredith says and retrieve a small tube of blood and bring it to Alaric's lips. The red liquid goes down his throat and the gunshot wound heals quickly, but he stays unconscious, probably for the best.

"Do you think it's him?" I ask softly, after Sheriff Forbes comes and takes him away.

"I'm not sure, he was coming at us with a knife."

"But he was one of the victims, why would he stab himself?"

"It would be a good cover." Meredith sighs, shaking her head. She has terrible taste in men.

I don't say anything as Meredith Calls Liz Forbes, the sheriff, and she comes to take him to the station, just to be safe. I don't see why Alaric would be the one to go around hurting the council, but in this town you never know.

I went back upstairs, after Liz took Ric away, and sat on my bed playing a random game on my phone. My relaxation was short lived when I received call from Caroline.

"What?" I say shortly as I place the phone to my ear.

"I just want to apologize for the roll I played in using you to distract Klaus it was totally, totally wrong of me and I really am sorry Leigh, I don't want you to be mad at me." Caroline says from the other end of the phone.

"Why did you? Why did you guys need me to do it?"

"Because Leigh, you see the good in everyone, even if maybe you shouldn't. And, you're friends with Rebekah, I can't imagine she would've been to pleased had Klaus ripped you face off."

I laughed at my friend, I couldn't stay mad, "Okay, okay I forgive you. Just please don't do it again, and don't compel me."

"That was all Stefan and Damon."

"Those brothers are going to be the end of me."

"Me too, now get up and get dressed, we have a long day ahead of us." Caroline says, I could tell she was smiling through the phone.

"Oh god, what do you have planned?"

"I'm making up for ditching you and all last night. Now get ready, I'll be there in twenty!" Before I can protest Caroline hangs up the phone and I slowly get out of bed and get ready.

"Where are we going?" I ask Caroline who refused to tell me where she was driving us to.

"Relax, it's not like I'm going to kill you." I look over at her and raise my eyebrows, that thought hadn't even entered my mind.

Finally, I see us arrive at a small diner Caroline and I used to come to all the time. In seventh grade we declared it our restaurant, it was our all time favorite.

"You remembered?" I ask, my mouth open slightly, staring at the neon sign above the diner.

"I haven't been here since you moved, I didn't want any memories here without you."

"Jesus Care, are you about to tell me you're secretly in love with me?"

"Then it wouldn't be so secret," Caroline joked with me, getting out of the car, "would be easier than dealing with Tyler, though." Carolines expression changed from happy to sad at the mention of Tyler. Remind me to break his neck.