Chapter 4: The Serpent VS The Viper

....................................... ..

After the Burgeois scandal, the replacement of the mayor of Paris was announced in the media, and as a result, the city would instate the election of a new mayor immediately after Hero's Day.

The news fell like a bomb for everyone, especially for the students of the Françoise Dupont school, who found out during first recess of Chloe's father's situation. The shouts of happiness were immediate. The blonde girl had to swallow her pride and leave the establishment with her eyes on the ground after her mother called her that they would both have to go to New York until things calmed down.

In the end, she was unable to fulfill this act. Due to all the abuse of powers that both Chloe and her father had been applying to the civilians of Paris for years, the Burgeois' daughter was detained. She was later to be tried in the juvenile court, where her stay in a juvenile reformatory would be evaluated.

And if things went badly for Chloe, they gradually became even worse for Lila. The school didn't stop praising the bravery of "Marinette" in ending the reign of abuse under the mayor's daughter. At the same time, several students were "asking" Rossi why she didn't use her "influences" to do the same from the beginning. To make matters worse, she still hadn't thought of something for the Hero's Day, so to free herself from that responsibility, she was planning on inventing a new "ailment" to get out of his job, but the shot backfired. Soon after Mayor Bourgeois fell, Director Damocles followed him and had to leave his job momentarily while he was being investigated. The directive work was left to Professor Mendeleiev and obviously, crocodile tears weren't going to work on her. If Lila didn't show an official document proving the illness existed, the stern-faced woman wouldn't be moved to excuse a leave of absence.

-Dammit!– Lila looked at her reflection in the bathroom mirror after barely escaping from the insistent questioning of the students about her actions -Dupain-Cheng will pay for this! I don't know how, but she will pay- The girl gritted her teeth then rinsed her face. When she raised it, she jumped when she saw Marinette appear through the mirror, as if she were a ghost.

-And why should I pay, Lila?– asked the girl with her arms crossed, at the same time that Lila turned around to see her face to face -So far, I have only had "problems" with Chloe, I haven't done anything to you and I had nothing to say when Marc, Aurora and Mireille put Alya in her place- "Marinette" pointed out in an innocent tone. Lila gnashing her teeth -You should also thank me, since now you "control" the entire class, what are you complaining about with me? You did get what you wanted, well most of them, since even if they eat from the palm of your hand, Adrien is nothing of yours to say– "Marinette" smiled mockingly. Rossi squeezed her hands furiously as the other girl continued -I don't know what you have to fear. Maybe something on your conscious? Oh, wait, you don't have one! So don't blame me for things I haven't done-"Marinette" turned her back on her, and walked towards one of the cubicles, closing the door behind her, leaving Lila speechless.

-Just wait and see, Dupain-Cheng ...- Rossi vowed, coming out of the girls' bathroom. She saw Alya and her friends, and a malicious idea crossed her mind -Girls! Something horrible has happened to me!- Lila ran to them, crying fake tears.

-What happened Lila?- asked the blogger confused, and Rossi knelt covering her face with her hands.

-It was Marinette! I think the fame has risen to his head and she has just threatened me- Lila whimpered on the floor before everyone's surprised gaze -She is still in the bathroom, Please help me!– Rose blinked in surprise for a few seconds.

-Lila, when did Marinette just threaten you?- Lila internally smirked, not pondering what that question meant.

-She just did it! I was washing my face when she entered the bathroom and threatened me– she sighed as if defeated, but her smugness flew out the window when she noticed that the girls looked at her as if she was crazy.