𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇

^^dining room^^

recap:

"Hey kiddo, time for dinner!"

Ariana's point of view:

I am at the dinner table, my father at the side left head and Leonardo at the right. I sat on Father's right, and all my brothers filling the rest. After a few moments of everyone making conversation, a few people who look like they are what I recall being housekeepers come in. They put food in front of everyone, including me. Maybe they have different ways of punishing me. I still don't think I am allowed to eat, because my old 'parents' didn't let me eat every day, or this much, because they said I was to be punished for burdening them for so long. I guess this should still go on seeing I was with them for so long. 

"Ariana, Why aren't eating?" Rossano asks.

I guess it's time they should know about the punishment, and how bad I am. 

"it-it's my p-punishment, sir," I say shrinking into my chair.

The third-person point of view:

the men in the rooms' eyes shot up at her. 

'punishment?'

they thought. What punishments have been given to the youngest Giordano?

The boys and men all looked at each other before Alberto, their father, broke the silence.

"and how long has this... punishment been going on? how often do you eat?"

The scared little girl thinks for a second before shrugging, like being starved was the most normal thing ever. This is because it was normal, at least for her. she thought she deserved it, despite all the online books from teachers that had happy families. She truly believed that she was a horrible, lousy child that deserved all punishments given to her. This was because she was also mentally abused. She believed that she was less worthy than dirt.

"I-I don't know. A-as long a-as I c-can remember, really. Um, a-and I don't k-know, w-whene-ever they f-felt like g-giving me f-food, maybe every f-four days t-to t-two and an h-half weeks m-maybe." Ariana explains.

Her brothers and father are furious, some people claiming to be her family punished her by only giving her enough food to barely live. They didn't notice how skinny she was, due to her baggy clothing, but now really looking, they could see just how malnourished she was. Rossano, being the overprotective brother and doctor that he is jumps into the question asking.

"What did you eat when they fed you?" he asks 

"w-whatever they g-give me. mostly o-old bread, o-or e-expired things t-that they d-didn't w-want."

"ok I'm going to schedule a checkup at the clinic for tomorrow," the second oldest brother says.

"good. make sure Mac can see her, I don't trust any of the other doctors with my daughter." Alberto says.