Chapter 1 - The Paps

Authors notes:
Hello lovelies, A here. Just popping in with the TWs for this chapter and once again say thank you for taking the time to read my book.

⚠️ violence, injury, gun violence, swearing and assault ⚠️

These first few chapters are going to be quite violent so be prepared  & please don't read if you get triggered easily.
I will put a summary at the bottom so you know what is happening.

After the event itself the book will become much more light hearted so please do not let these first few discourage you from the bundle of joy that the book shall soon become.

I've spent a good couple of days working on this chapter as I wanted the first chapter to be amazing.

I then released the chapter before deleting it, re-doing it and then releasing it again. (I'm a bit of a perfectionist!)

Hope you enjoy!

Love to you all,
-A 💕

————————————————————————

Flashes of light pierced his vision, burning his eyes as the Paps fought to get a statement from him. There was a flash, and a shout from a photographer trying to capture his best angle. A scream, and a fan gleefully held out a poster and a pen towards him. Chaos and noise surrounded him as he pushed through the crowd.

More voices rose, but this time in protest. A heavily built male in a black coat, pushed his way into the crowd of people.

The paps still reached, desperate to get to him. Flinging questions and accusations at him, in an attempt to get him to respond; To get him to tell them anything that they could twist to get the most obscene, untrue and outrageous story to go in the tabloids and gossip magazines.

The man in the coat also wanted to get to him. His body seemed filled with intent as he stalked towards him. He shoved and pushed people to the floor, cameras and microphones hitting the ground, metal colliding with concrete as they tumbled down.

He stood. Still as a statue. His feet frozen in place. Unable to move, to think.

From his coat, the man pulled out an object. The flashes from other cameras reflecting off the metal as he drew his weapon.

There was nothing he could do as the man fired. The bullet streaking past him, and into the fans directly behind.
There was nothing he could do as one went down, a scream of terror and true pain escaping her lips, her features twisted in shock and agony.

The smell of blood, and burnt flesh filled his senses. He ducked, panic and adrenaline coating every sense as the attacker fired another shot.

They ran. The people all around him, his team, the fans, they all sprinted for their lives, screaming and crying as they hauled up the wounded dragging them along with them in dire hopes to escape.

The man in the coat reached for him.

There was nothing he could've done as the man held the gun to his head, the kiss of cool metal biting into his skull as he hauled him backwards towards a van.

The street was still, no more invasive flashes refracted off the stone and the screams of pain and despair echoed off the walls of every building in the street.

What felt like eternity passed in just a few calculated seconds.

He was dragged at gunpoint towards the van. The male's chest against his back, one arm around his waist. The other holding the gun up.