Chapter 6 - The Confession

⚠️ Swearing, talk of injury & abuse⚠️

Enjoy!
————————————————————————

It was past Midnight when noise sounded over one of the officers radios.

They immediately excused themselves, walking out of the front door and closing it lightly behind them.

Gemma and Anne had long ago passed out on each other, Gem's head resting contently on her mother's shoulder. Their arms seemed to be wrapped around each other protectively.

Zayn and Liam had excused themselves a few hours ago and had left, exhausted, to get some sleep. Choosing this time to go to their own rooms.

Niall stood from his position on the floor and threw himself down on the sofa next to Louis.

"What do you think that was about?" He whispered.

"I don't know Niall." Louis yawned and rubbed his left eye softly with his palm, his sleeves pulled down over his hands.

Niall could see how exhausted he was, none of them had been sleeping very well since Harry had gone missing.

His guilt nearly choked him as he sighed, chest becoming unbearably tight as he stared at the wooden floor boards.

'You shouldn't blame yourself mate." Louis said softly, reading his expression and as he gazed at Niall sadly. "It's not your fault at all. He should've had security with him." Louis looked away and Niall could've sworn he heard Louis mutter 'stupid bastard' quietly under his breath.

Niall said nothing, opting to instead wander into the kitchen. Louis heard the dull roar of the kettle boiling and rested his head back down on his hand.

The front door opened and the two officers stepped back inside, their expressions wary and serious.

Louis shot up and stalked towards them.

"What?" He hissed at them, desperate to figure out what their expression meant.

"Mr Tomlinson, I think it would be easier if we explained the situation to all of you. Would you be able to wake the others?"

Louis started to protest, but saw the sense in what the officers were saying. He muttered a quick 'fine' before running into the kitchen to grab Niall.

"The coppers want to talk to us. If you wake up Gem and Anne I'll grab Zayn and Liam."

Niall nodded and stalked out of the kitchen abandoning the kettle. Louis hopped round the counter and turned it off.

He knocked on the door, before going into Liam's room. Louis had to do a double take when he saw that Zayn and Liam were, in fact, in the same bed.

Apparently only one trip was going to be necessary.

Zayn was tucked up into Liam, his back to him and Li's arm was thrown across his chest, pulling him to him and holding him tightly. Their legs were intertwined.

For a second Louis struggled to breath. His thoughts straying to a certain green eyed man who for so long had snuggled up with him the same way.

He blinked, his thoughts crashing away as he remembered why he was there.

He stepped into the room and reached out to gently shake Liam's shoulder. "Payno, the officers have news. Come on Lad. Time to wake up" Louis coaxed Liam as gently as possible watching as he slowly raised his head, eyes misted with sleep and hair messed into madness.

Louis could've sworn he saw Liams face go red as he realised just what Louis had walked into and quickly detangled himself from the still sleeping Zayn.