Chapter 3 - The Media

Authors notes:
Good morning, evening, afternoon.

I hope you are enjoying the book so far.

⚠️ Scenes of violence & swearing ⚠️

Love to you all,
- A 💕

————————————————————————

Wednesday 17th June

He hadn't turned the tv off for 4 days.

Camped out on the sofa of the living room in the boy's shared Apartment, Louis Tomlinson was awoken to the blaring sound of the morning news.

A stone faced reporter rattled of information, facing the camera that was now broadcasting live to the Uk.

'Good morning I'm Olivia Dane and today we bring more news on the kidnapping of Harry styles, updates on the wounded and new evidence. Stay tuned to find out the latest details.'

The screen switched to a video of the event.

Images flashed on the screen. People were running around screaming in terror and pain. Harry could be seen in the top corner, being hauled backwards at gunpoint.

Louis felt an overpowering urge to be sick.

A hand rested on his shoulder, making him jump.

"Come on Tommo, you need to turn this off now. There's no use in sitting here and watching this crap. It's just going to make you feel worse."

He dragged his stare from the Tv up to Liam Payne who stood sheepishly behind the sofa, concern etched deep on his face.

"No." Louis shook his head, throat closing up as he tried to steady himself enough to talk. "They said that they have new information on Harry. If they know anything else I need to know Liam." Tears pricked his eyes threatening to fall as he once again turned back to the blazing screen.

"Okay Tommo. The others are still asleep. I'll sit with you."

Liam worked his way round the sofa coming to sit down lightly next to Louis.

Louis appeared to be trying to make himself as small as possible, curling up in a ball and resting his head in his arms. Cradling himself the way Liam had seen Harry cradling Louis so many times before.

Liam looked at the screen.

"Harry styles, aged 26 was last seen outside the royal Albert Hall, London, where he was approached by an armed man, in a long coat. The man shot into a group of fans gathered outside the hall, injuring five fans, resulting in the death of one, and another, as far as we know, is still in intensive care. The other three were injured as they escaped and aside from a few minor injuries are expected to make a full recovery. Mr Styles was last seen being dragged at gun point into the back of a van. Police are still identifying the vehicle and assure the public they are doing everything they possibly can to locate Harry Styles. It is yet unknown the motive behind the attack but we will bring you updates as we hear more.

If you have any information as to the whereabouts of the van, attacker or Harry styles please call this number..."

The screen flickered and went black as Liam pressed the power button on the remote.

Louis jumped up in protest but was soon gently pulled back down onto the sofa by Liam.

"Mate, they don't know anything more than they did yesterday. They have no new information. You need to stop. Breath and calm down, if you don't you are going to destroy yourself. I know this is hard, but you have to take some time. Harry is not gone, they will find him. okay? Just breath. Come on Tommo. Breath."