17

The first six months of the reconstrucción project had already passed, it was time to go give a report about the reconstruction from Hateno's fortress.

There was no need for the royal family to send a carriage, Link had the sheikah slate in his hands, the blond was reviewing the images he had captured every week and every month of each section in Hateno's fortress to show the recronstruction's progress to Zelda and Rhoam.

His stomach made a lot of noises; Before the incident, he had gotten up to cook something until he realized that Eria wasn't on her bed, that costed him an arrow on his clavicle.

Sitting at the foot of the tree where Revali used to accompany him on lunch breaks, the swordsman sighed.

He began to smell the goat butter melting in the pot, then the smell of Tabantha wheat, combining with a hint of salt and finally he could smell the final ingredient, fish, it smelled delicious!; Hungry, Link stood up, approaching with stealthy step and leaned over Revali's shoulder to see the food in preparation, the rito immediately detected his presence -Little knight, cooking takes time, ¿¡ COULD YOU WALK AWAY AND LET ME COOK IN PEACE? !? - he exclaimed with some irritation.

Link jumped back a little scared and then walked away immediately, returning to the tree with his head lowered, the archer looked at the blond sideways, the knight seemed to be a scolded puppy now.

Those six months had been strange for Link, the challenge of collecting materials was fun, he got to see a part of the rito champion that he didn't know, "fellowship" people called it like that?; But after telling Revali his age, the archer's position changed, he passed a week ignoring him and then he returned to the challenges.

The challenges began after doing the supervisory tasks where the archer translated Link's sign language to others; He challenged him about who could carry the most weight with his arms, who could eat faster, who could resist the early morning cold more, who could resist the most without eating (a challenge that Link lost almost immediately) and finally the challenge of finding more pieces.

But they never shook hands after each competition, sometimes it was fun, but not like the first time, Revali always flew away with the excuse of maintaining a training routine, Link had also established a couple of hours of training to maintain his mastery with the sword.

However, it was as if the rito champion wanted to prove something to him or to prove himself something; He didn't understand people's feelings, it took Link a long time to understand external emotions when people were not direct with him.

That was very clear to him when his little sister screamed at him just an hour ago, but he didn't understand why she suddenly started crying, he leaned his back against the tree trunk, laid a hand to cover his eyes and another to the stomach, he was hungry as he was confused.

¿Was he such a terrible brother? ¿Such a terrible co-worker? Ah, even if he got a romantic partner he was sure he would ruin a lot of things, that's why he was afraid to be in any kind of relation with other people, feelings were so complicated; For the first time Link wasn't thinking about food.

-It's incredible that I'm holding pie fish in front of you and you haven't ripped it off from my wings to get it- he heard, the knight uncovered his eyes to see Revali one with something smoky between his wings then looked down to find a typical rito dish .

Immediately the knight straightened his back and stretched out his hand to get that delicacy, he was definitely hungry but Revali pushed him aside lifting the plate as high as he could -First let me tell you something-

It wasn't possible for the archer to talk to Link first or make the swordsman's hunger wait, the blond growled like a genuine wolf as he saw the food being pushed away from his hands, Revali sighed and gave him the dish.

A smile was drawn on the blond as he began to eat, in those six months Revali learned that the swordsman ate the same amount as five starving hylians or more.

Link ate relished, the crispy surface crunching at his bites combined with the grilled fish and vegetables, it was so delicious; Revali crossed his wings, he was in front of a child.

Well, a child that was already 18 years old, but the expressions of joy when Link ate reminded Revali the same faces of the children at his village, entering to their houses after smelling grilled salmon or any other dish that their fathers or mothers prepared.

Despite enjoying it; Link immediately finished the meal, the archer opened his beak but the swordsman started gesturing

We must prepare to meet the princess.

He saw how the knight got up quickly to enter his tent, Revali sighed and did the same, went to a tent on the edge of the buildings, a little further away than Link's.

It was a large place just as Link's, with a desk, a copy of the map that Link had given him after stealing his, a journal, a hammock; A bigger pouch where he kept his arrows, wardrobe and accessories.

Revali sat down at his desk where his diary was located; He opened it, he writed on it at least once a week in it since he began his routine in the reconstructions, he needed someone to talk to but the only source of relief nearby was ... This bunch of papers.

The last entry was yesterday, but he needed to vent; He began to write:

"August 22:
Here we go again ... I hate writing so imma be quick just as always; I've received a letter from Kaneli asking when I will visit the villate, the kidd-Eria has improved a lot these months depite of being a hylian but Link discovered us and there was an uncomfortable confrontation between brothers where the boy ended up speaking, apparently he didn't speak because of pretense; I think there's something about him that makes him mute... Anyway, it's none of my business. On the other hand, I must apologize, I technically caused that sibling's fight ... They are tolerable people after all. "

¿Did he reallyhated Link? ¿Or he envied him?, his family had been kind and Link always showed to be worthy of his respect, so what exactly did he feel?

Revali closed his journal and stored his diary inside the big pouch, adjusted his armor, the champion's scarf, ran a wing through his braids, all in order. As he left the store he saw Arn hugging his son tightly; Link was wearing the royal guard uniform.

The blond believed that the best thing to do would be to attend the reunion with the royal guard's brand new uniform, he felt strange, he still didn't get used to it or felt worthy of it; But going out and seeing the expression on his father's face was ... Invaluable.

Arn waked up just as early as them and didn't saw his two children, assuming that they left because Eria wanted to collect things, he took his materials to give maintenance to the construction's tools; When he returned to the tent he found Link wearing the uniform that made him look so big, he seemed to glow with the morning light.

Link greeted him with his hand, the old man, without containing the pride he felt, hugged him -You have grown so much, I'm proud of you - Arn whispered, his son returned the hug with a happy smile.

Revali cleared his throat interrupting the moment, mostly because he wanted to see the little knight's new attachment; The swordsman seemed to understand the rito's wish, he turned to face him; With a half-drawn smile, he greeted Revali using his uniform's beret and made a typical gentleman's bow .

The archer felt his feathers fluffing up as he looked at him, especially that damn greeting with the little mischievous smile on him, with the outfit he seemed to be older, probably because of the dark colors, the golden threads of the suit combined with his hair, the navy blue increased the intensity of his clear blue eyes and the red one showed the passion of the swordsman; It was like meeting a lost hylian prince.

-You look good Linky, apparently you could fill the pants of that uniform- Revali said keeping as calm as possible.

(SEVENTEENTH CHAPTER; We are going to touch on what will be blooming between them, Link is in love with Revali's cooking and Revali is conflicted by Link's age due to the fact that he's older, We'll see what happens next)