𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 9

A/n : It's Xiao time this is the chapter after Xiao woke up after meeting (Name), so he tried a few times to find her but didn't succeed.

Xiao's POV

How long it has been? I do not know but it felt it was just yesterday. That woman, who, I didn't bother to know her name. Deep within me, my other self is begging me to find her and I know well that I yearn for her. The comfort that she brought with her, I never felt so alive before in my immortal life.

At first I thought it was just a dream and again I will never get a good dream, only an endless cycle of nightmares. 

I want to meet her again, I try to find her and even though I asked the other Adeptus like Cloud Retainer and the others. They didn't even give me a direct answer, but Moon Carver have suggested to me to ask Rex Lapis himself, knowing that the Geo God is a good friend to the woman. 

So, she is a good friend to Rex Lapis but why he didn't mention about her?

But knowing myself, I prefer to find her myself and no matter how hard I've tried, I failed. The wind carried the tune of her instrument, but I cannot find her.....

I want to meet her again. I want to see her and be near her. She brought peace within me that I could never achieve. I let out a sigh and shook all the thoughts about her. I walk down the path that will lead to Wangshuu Inn, I just feel like to take a stroll and clear out my minds from all of it.

During my walk, I came across a large Hilichurl camp. It wasn't a big deal when dealing with them, they just perish the moment my spear meet their throats and end their life.  I was about to leave the place until I-

Ping—

"!!!" I stay silent and listen carefully.

Ping!

"It's her—" I said, my legs carry me towards the source of the sound. Adrenaline coursing through my veins, I keep listening the tune as I follow it and try to find it's location. I skid to a stop when I enter a large green field... It wasn't the same field I saw before but just a plain field. But in the middle of the field is a man sitting on a stone, an animal with the head of an eagle and a body of a lion with a saddle sat next to him.

'Who is he?' I thought. The tune is coming from him, with my sharp eyesight. I can see he has white hair and teal undertone, his eyes are are closed and I saw him holding a pipa in his hands, he strum the strings playing the same that the woman used to play.

"Cree~" the creature besides him cooed, "Thanks, Alice" the male said to the creature, patting its head.

'It's just a lowkey mortal...' I thought as I turn around and the moment I was about to leave.

"So you are the Conqueror of Demons?" the voice of the male enters my ears. "I am not someone you should have a talk with, mortal" I said, not looking back at him. "I was hoping for a nice conversation, it seems you're in a foul mood today. I'd thought playing this tune can summon you at will. She once told me about you" when he said that, I turn around and meet his gaze. (E/c) eyes bore deep into my souls, I gasp lightly as I take a few steps back. The male smiles as he towers over me, when did he get here? I didn't sense a thing nor hear a single footsteps.

"You knew her?" I asked, raising a brow with my arms cross over my chest.

"Of course I do, every time she play that tune. You have been running around searching for it" he said, "How did you know the tune? Is she someone important to you?" I asked. "Well she is" he reply, ah so he was the one who led me stray from the path of finding her. "Ah, so you were the one who led me away from meeting her" I sneered, angered that he did such thing.

"No need to be angry about it, Yaksha. I did for a reason and it is something that can endangered her safety" he said. "Endanger her safety, do tell" I said. "Pretty sure that you have met Lord Rex Lapis in the past decades and questioned him about her, wasn't it? But he didn't say anything about it right?" he asked, I nod lightly without looking at him. "She is known as the Goddess of Light, a new form a Celestial being" he said.

I was shocked, I open my eyes and look at him. "Her powers are like of the Celestials being and if be corrupted, it will be a doom to us all" he said. "So, before I ask you a favour. I shall introduce myself properly" the man said.

"My name is Albert, one that serves directly under the Goddess of Light" he said. "And how should I trust you?" I asked, "You can be one of those people" I said. "I am not sided with either of those scums, especially those Abyss Order. Protecting the Mistress is my main priority and I cherish her more than I imagined and as the dutiful knight I am, it is my duty" Albert said with a serious look on his face.

"If you want to meet her again, you have to help me with something" he said.

"Say it" I said.

"I want you to help me to get rid some Abyss Mages but once you witness the thing that must not be seen, you have to keep you mouth shut about it" he said. "and I know you are that one person that will".

"What do you mean by must not be seen?" I asked.

"You will know sooner, Vigilant Yaksha" he said.

"The name is Xiao...and don't call me by that title" I hissed at him.

"If you do, we might just have to force my brother erase those memories. It can cause a big headache" Albert said, putting two of his fingers in his mouth and whistles out for the creature on the field.

The eagle headed beast screech and flies over to the male as he mount on it.

"We shall meet here when the sun hid itself" he said, "Oh, and here is something for you" Albert said, tossing a bag towards me as I caught it in my hands. Albert order the creature fly into the sky. I watch as they get further and further away, I turn around and leave.

Opening the bag was a box full with Almond Tofu....

A/n :
A few changes have been made especially the top paragraph.