XXIV

Chapter Twenty Four-Disappeared

 ''So, Magnus, how long has it been?'' Camille questioned as they walked into the warlock's apartment. ''One hundred? One hundred fifty years?''

''One hundred and thirty-eight.'' Magnus corrected. ''Oddly, I haven't missed you.''

''Of course, you have, my love.'' Camille retorted. 

Olivia blinked and narrowed her eyes. The way  Magnus and Camille were looking at each other--with familiarity and contempt--was making her realize that there was some deep history between the two immortal beings, which, from the looks of it, had ended on a bad note.

''Alright, you two can catch up later,''  Clary spoke impatiently. ''Right now, we need to find the Book of the White.''

''And you will,'' Camille assured Clary.  ''But not without payment,'' she added and then turned her eyes back towards Magnus. ''You of all people should understand that.''

''Of course.'' he breathed. ''And what is it you require?''

''A clean slate.''

''She wants a Writ of Turning-Me-Into-A-Vampire,'' Simon explained.

''We need you to draft it.'' Olivia added.

Magnus hummed and looked at Camille coldly. ''I thought I was done with you.''

She chuckled. ''We'll never be done with each other.''

Olivia scoffed and rolled her eyes. Camille's presence was unbearable, yes,  but her smugness--god, her smugness was infuriating. 

 ''I'm calling in backup,'' Izzy murmured to them and pulled out her phone before walking away to call for backup, which, more than likely, included Alec, Ian, and Jace-- Jace. Olivia inhaled sharply and bit her lip. Had Ian and Alec managed to stop him? Had they managed to calm him down and make him see sense?

 ''Simon, can...'' 

Olivia.

Olivia's head jerked up and a frown appeared between her brows as she looked between the people that were standing in front of her. ''Did someone say my name?''

 ''No.''

The girl's frown deepened. This was weird. She had heard a voice--Olivia. 

There! She heard it again.

''Liv?'' Clary looked at her with worry, ''Liv, what's going on?''

Come to me. Come to me. Help me. 

Olivia sucked in a breath and slowly exhaled, her eyes suddenly feeling very heavy and her head feeling very light.

Olivia. Come to me.