XII

Chapter Twelve- Brilliant Plans

I just wanted to let y'all know that I have edited the ninth chapter and the cast chapter. If you would re-read them, you'll become familiarised with a new character. :):)

''The Cup is in the tarot cards.'' Clary gasped out with wide eyes. ''I have to tell Magnus and Jace about it,'' she added and got up from the bed before running out of the room and leaving the rest two to look at her retreating back with raised eyebrows.

''When did she start running that fast?'' Luke asked with a chuckle.

''No idea,'' Olivia replied, and upon becoming sure that Clary was well out of earshot, she looked back at Luke and opened her mouth to speak about a thing that had been bothering her for the past five minutes. ''Luke, what if I transform into a wolf randomly?''

Luke snorted, but after realizing that she was serious, he sighed. ''You won't.'' he assured, ''You'll only transform into a wolf when your emotions are highly unstable.''

Olivia nodded slowly and then frowned as another werewolf related question started attacking her mind. ''The transformation, will it hurt?''

''Yes.'' he answered, confirming the girl's thoughts and making her gulp in fear. ''But,'' he added, ''Whenever your transformation happens, I promise I'll be there on every step.'' he smiled assuringly at Olivia and she smiled back, getting relaxed  that she wouldn't have to go through all of that pain alone.

A yawn suddenly emitted from her lips, and, as if getting triggered by it, a wave of exhaustion and weariness started to roll in. She hadn't noticed it before because of all the tension and anxiety, but now, the brunette could realize just how much her body was in dire need of sleep.

Luke noticed it too. ''Get some sleep, kiddo. It's been a long day.''  he said and patted her head before getting up from the bed and moving towards the door. ''Where are you going?'' Olivia  asked him just as another yawn left her lips. She really needed to sleep. 

''To talk to the rest.'' he replied.

''Wait, what if you all talk about the important stuff without me-''

''-You'll hear it in the morning, then.'' Luke spoke and turned his head around to give the girl a firm, yet gentle look. ''But right now, you're going straight to sleep, young lady.''

She rolled her eyes at his tactics, but was too sleepy to argue, and therefore, simply laid back in the bed, pulled up the blanket, and muttered a loud, ''Yes dad.'' before closing her eyes and instantly drifting off to sleep.

Luke smiled softly and turned the lights off before stepping out of the room and closing the door behind himself.

~*~*~*~*~ 

Olivia stirred in her sleep as a sharp ringing noise started to buzz around her. Peeling her eyes open, she frowned at the bright light that was sweeping through the window and slowly sat up in the bed before looking around for the cause of the noise.