Part 2

Damian frowned at himself in the mirror. He'd gotten up an hour ago at five a.m. to go train but had gotten caught up talking to Angel. He'd made the decision while talking to her that he would ask his father to be part of the group deciding which foreign class would come to Gotham.

He didn't really want to bring her to Gotham, but unless he came up with a really good reason to go to Paris, his father wouldn't let him go. The boy shook himself out of his stupor. If he went down now, he would have time to get in a bit of training before school.

"You're late, Demon Spawn! What's happening? Has the apocalypse arrived?"

"Shut it, Todd. I don't need your input, and if you must offer it, tell Grayson or Drake."

"What, you don't want to tell your second oldest brother what's got you running behind? I'm wounded, Damian," Jason Todd said falsely.

A shuriken flew over his head, close enough that it cut off a couple of pieces of hair. Jason got the point and walked away from his adopted brother. "Bat-computer, pull up program Z16," Damian called out, stepping into the training arena.

The computer quickly pulled up the holograms and Damian unsheathed his katana. As soon as the sword was out of its scabbard, the holographic assailants attacked. He'd been training for almost an hour when Alfred announced that breakfast would be ready in fifteen minutes.

Damian grabbed a quick shower and hurried upstairs into the house to catch his father before he left for the day. He entered the dining room just as the man in question was standing to leave. "Father, I'm glad to see I caught you before you left for work."

Tim Drake, who had been grabbing food for himself, nearly dropped the plate in his hands at Damian's words. "What do you need, Damian? Can it wait until tonight? I'm running a bit behind," Bruce said to his son.

"No, it can't wait, Father," Damian replied. "I would like to be a part of the team deciding which foreign class comes to Gotham." This time, Drake did drop his plate.

"Master Tim, please endeavor not to drop the plates." Alfred's voice came from the hall. Damian rolled his eyes at his third oldest adopted brother's startled action.

"Well, Father? May I be on the team?" The young man looked at his father hopefully.

"Is there a specific reason for your asking, Damian?" When Bruce asked the question, Damian's brain slammed into overdrive. "You didn't seem very interested when I first announced the essay contest."

"I would l like to have a say in who you are forcing me to socialize with for the next two months," Damian replied. "I would prefer not to deal with twitterpated females. We have enough of those already."

Bruce blinked at him. "I need to get to work, but I'll let you know what I decide tonight."

Damian gave his father a curt nod and moved around him to get breakfast before he left for school.