Part 12

Damian smiled slightly at the sight of Marinette's small figure leaning against a tree, sketching. He was glad that they had finally met in person. It was a window into her life that he hadn't had before.

The young man walked over to where his soulmate was. He sat down next to her and pulled out his phone. He opened one of his social media apps and scrolled through his feed. It was rare that he even looked at it because of how many gold-diggers there were, but this was a special occasion.

A while later, he noticed that Marinette had stopped sketching. The young man looked at her to find his soulmate glancing around nervously. "Angel, what's up?"

She turned her head to look at him. "Where are the others? I figured that they would be back by now. They said that they would be back in an hour, but it's fifteen minutes past then."

"Are they usually prompt?" Damian asked with furrowed brows. "It's possible that they're just running behind."

Marinette shook her head. "I don't think so. They're always on time and usually, they're early. We should go look for them."

Damian nodded. "You know them better than I do, but before we go, I need to tell you something." He looked to see if there was anyone around before deciding that it was safe to continue. "I'm a vigilante."

For a moment, the girl just stared at him, and he wondered what she was thinking. Finally, she shook herself out of her stupor. Then to his surprise, she grinned.

"I assume one of the bat-boys, and based on your age, Robin. That makes my life like, twenty times easier," she said. "I'm Ladybug, heroine of Paris."

"So that's where all of your strategic plans for doing really simple stuff come from. I did wonder about that."

Marinette laughed. "No, actually. I did that before I became Ladybug. My friends always found it super weird that I do that. I always wondered why you were thinking about a patrol when you first transmitted a thought to me."

"Yeah, well I always found it strange that you couldn't tell me much about the Paris situation. Now I know it's because you were directly involved," he replied.

"I always figured I would have to-" Marinette was interrupted by a scream. They both instantly stood, pinpointing the direction the sound came from. Glancing at each other, they made a silent agreement to go check it out before darting towards where the fear-filled sound came from.