Chapter 19

Katie's P.O.V.

Location; Maple Grove Hospital

The hall is dark, the only light sorce there is, is from the light flickering and sunlight from the windows shining through the doors into the hallway.

Levi and I move with cautious, one foot in front the other, I have my ice axe in my hand and the gun is reachable, I look at Levi only to notice that he has his gun, ready to fire.

"if you use that thing in here, we have that whole hospital after us" I snap at him. "what am I supposed to use then" he says, throwing his arms up. Has this idiot used his gun this whole time? I thought that he at least had some common sense.

"here use this" I shove my knife up to his chest. He takes it while touching my hand. "why so moody sunshine?".

I glare at him continuing walking, down the hall. There must be a station with medicine, I try to look out for the signs that shows us at what department we are in.

"we are at the cancer station" Levi breaks the silence; how did he know what I was thinking. What the fuck are we supposed to do at a cancer station.

"we need to move to the next 2 departments in order to reach for the Labor section" he says, great we need to move through a hospital full of dead.

"let's hope we don't meet any Z's" he nods at my response, but we both know that this won't be the case, we still move in silent.

"isn't there some sort of hospital pharmacy here?" I ask, he is shaking his head "there isn't only one, each station has a small pharmacy, but not all the medicine we could use is in only one, we need to move to more in order to get supplies for a long time" I nod at his response, it's the first time he spoke more than 5 seconds.

I started to think that I saw hallucinations, because he talked that much at once.

"where is the hospital pharmacy here?" I ask, he points the knife down the hall, and we are back to not talking that much again, gosh its boring. When you have been with Mariah for so long, u are used to hear stupid talk 24/7, not that I mind anymore, in the beginning I really prayed that some wolves will come and eat her, or my ears.

At some point she didn't sleep at night and talked so fucking much that day, so I decided to take a sock and put it in her mouth, I had my peace for the night.

We reached a point in the hall where it meets another hall, so it's formed like a cross, I was about to go through, but I felt a hand pull me back and another hand closing my mouth, it was Levi's. My back is against his stomach and chest, and I can feel his muscle through his shirt and even my leather jacket. What the fuck is he doing.

I pull myself back and was about to scold him, but he takes his index finger against his lips, and then points through the other hall, so I follow his finger, just to see Z's.

"please tell me the pharmacy is not there" I whisper, he nods. the fuck are we supposed to do now. Levi thinks the same, and looks around, to his right is the hall with the zombies and to his left is the hall we came from.

He opens the door to his lefts, first making sure that nothing is there, and then pushes me in, and closed the door, he just left me behind, like I am some sort of dog.

I was about to go to the door, but he storms in.

"we need to wait a little to make sure they all left in front of the pharmacy" he says, while closing the door.

"what did you do" I ask silently.

"a little noise plus blood, will be a great bait" he answers, and I can think of different scenarios of what he did. so, we waited for like 5 minutes, until Levi looked out with the door half open, and goes out, I take it as the coast is clear.