Chapter 33

Mariah's P.O.V.

Location; sand dunes state forest

I wake up of the sound of people yelling, what the fuck is happening?

"I think you should calm down" I hear Lunas's voice.

"I won't calm the fuck down, where fuck is Katie?!"

Katie? What's wrong with Katie, as I hear her name, I forget everything about me feeling tired. And I come out of the tent, just to see everybody staring at Levi and Luna, I guess I am the last one to notice them.

"what is happening"

"you see, its bec-" Luna gets interrupted by Levi.

"Katie left, and she doesn't want to tell where?"

"what do you mean left?"

"she packed her things, and fucked off from here" he pauses, smashing his fist into the nearest tree. I don't bother caring about that, but Katie left? I don't stop myself from what I do next, I grab Luna from the collar of her shirt and pull her closer to me.

"Where the fuck did she go?"

Pov change, later that day

"what the fuck do you mean, one of them left?" Knox is yelling at me. Exactly what did I do? I've kept my eyes on them, like I was supposed to do and didn't drink my ass off like he did. I'm about to say something but Blake beats me to it.

"Hey! Don't you dare raise your voice at her again" Blake tried to defend.

"I don't fucking care, our orders were to keep an eye on them, and you lost the most important person" Knox once more yells. I clench my fists by my side in annoyance.

"Stop yelling so we can figure this shit out!" I raise my voice at him this time, he glares at me, pure disgust in his eyes.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that."

"I'm not your daughter, you don't get to command me around."

"Don't you dare mention her" His red in the face from anger.

"Why? Scared she'll jump out and kill you like she promised you?" Knox looks startled of the fact that I know.

"Oh, yeah, I know, and I have no fucking doubt that she'll be able to, because you are weak" I taunt, his daughter has always been the source of his anger. Using it against him sure is satisfying.

"Let's focus on the task at hand" Blake butts in sending Knox a glare.

There is a minute silence.

"I can catch up on her and befriend her in order to get her back with her friends" Caleb suggests. Does he only want to do that in order to be with the 'pretty girl'?

Caleb's Pov

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask looking at Blake who's looking at me with an expectant look. Blake sighs loudly. "You do realize, you can't catch feelings for this girl, right?" Blake asks raising his eyebrows at me.

"I know, I know, but let's be real here, she wouldn't exactly be a bad fling" I tell him with a small shrug. Blake stares at me with disgust.

"I don't need to know about your sex life" He tells me.

"Soon to be sex life, or improved sex life" I can't help chuckling when Blake stares at me with pure disgust. I pack some supplies in a bag before swinging it over my shoulder.

"Try not to get her killed, I don't know why but my dad wants her, alive" Blake reminds me, I nod at him and I bid my farewells with the others before going out.

She wouldn't go back to town, that's where we found them last, so she'll probably be on the road. Unless she wandered into the forest, but I don't think she would. She's a smart girl, very pretty and smart. Did I say pretty? Cause feel like I haven't.

I take a car with me and drive down the road. I can't stop thinking about what I should tell her, or how I should befriend her. What do you say to a traumatized, closed-off girl? 'Hey, let's be besties?' Wouldn't put it past me if Mariah did that, she seems like a nice girl.

That's what I don't get, how the hell did those two become friends, they're complete opposites, yet they're the closest in the camp. Minus the 'it' couple being Mariah and that Leo guy.

Getting Katie to trust me is going to be hard.

Is it too late to get some friendly advice from Mariah?

It's only 20 minutes later when I spot someone walking on the side of the road. She's fast. She seems to be on edge when she hears, she stops looking at my car probably waiting for me to just drive right past her but that's not what I have in mind. I pull up next to her and roll down the window.

"Need a ride?" I ask leaning on the door. Katie stares at me for some time before shaking her head and glares at me.

"No, get lost"

......................................................

Writers; Kaynad M. & Maryam S.

Word count; 833