Chapter 30

Katie's P.O.V.

Location; on the streets

I am driving the car towards the forest, with me are Levi, Hua and Noah, we decided to split up, so I took the younger ones and Levi with me in the car just to keep them safe.

We agreed that I would get them in the morning, they would walk out of the city but stay on the route we agreed on. They kept a few bags with food, tents and water, and I will drive out first thing in the morning to get them.

By then I hope Levi would have built a tent, where Noah and Hua will stay safe.

It's about a 40 minutes' drive from the maple grove hospital to the forest. But it would have been a 9 to 12 hours walk.

We are 30 minutes in, and we have been quiet all the time, Levi still silent and shocked, Hua even crying a little bit and Noah sleeping as always.

I wish I could grieve Xiomara's death, but I barely even talked to her, and luckily, I haven't met the baby, it would have killed me to know that the baby I held in my arms is dead minutes after, and I am sure that's how everybody else feels right now.

I regret one thing though, and it's not talking to Xiomara, even though I am sure she didn't really like me.

The trees of the forest are in sight.

"we are here" I look back, to see what I expected, Noah sleeping and Hua's eyes being teary. I tried not to acknowledge Levi's presence beside me in the passenger seat, as much as he ignored mine. I am not good at this feeling shit, when people are nearby.

I turn right, by the forest passage, and there we are parked.

"it's time to sleep, Hua and Noah sleeps in the front two seats, while Levi and I will sleep in the back"

We will push all the seats down in the back, so Levi can lay straight, and the front two seats will also be pushed down slightly, so Hua and Noah can lay comfortable. They are shorter than us so it would only make sense to do so.

"Levi, carry Noah to your seat"

I get out of the car, to see Hua crawl in the front seat, where I sat before, and Levi getting out, and back around the car, where I also went.

I open the car trunk to get the bag with 2 big blankets out, I am giving one to Hua and Noah, its big enough to reach both of them, while Levi gets the smaller one for himself, I will just take my leather jacket for tonight.

Levi has gotten Noah into the passenger seat, as I went to the driver's seat, to see Hua fallen fully asleep, so I just put the blankets on them both on my own.

I get back to the trunk, and now I push the seats down as I planned before.

"you can lay down now" I say. Without hesitating he does so. I crawl in behind him, we have enough space despite the bags taking a lot of it.

I pull the truk door down behind me. Levi is turned away from me against the side of the car, I put the blanket over him as I also did with Hua and Noah.

I take of my red leather jacket and lay just like Levi does, turned away from him and against the other side of the car.

I don't think I will be able to fall asleep. As the time goes by, I am just thinking about useless things. Behind me I feel Levi sitting up. feeling his presence without looking. I can feel his eyes at me.

And I am right, he Is touching my shoulder now. "Katie" he whispers, it's been the first thing I heard him say since I left the mall. I choose not to reply, I won't even know what to talk about if I did reply. And its working, he didn't talk anymore, but his hand Is still on my shoulder.

His hand doesn't stay there for long though, he let it slide down to my stomach and wraps it around me and with that he pulls me, so I roll over facing him. Now he has the attention he wanted, and he sees that my eyes are wide open. He probably knew I was awake.

"it's cold, take the blanket with me."

He lays down, not pulling his hand away from my side. His arms around me tighten, and he pulls me as close as possible to him.

"Levi, I don't thin-"

"Katie" he interrupts.

"just stay with me tonight, I need you."

His hand tightens even more. And my body heats up, nobody has ever told me that they needed me, I move my head upwards, only to be greeted by his vulnerable eyes.

He has been keeping an eye on me. My eyes drift down to his lips, and soon they're on my own lips. Neither of us breaks the kiss, instead I end up on top of him, my body pressing down against his, his hands are moving around to the small of my back.

One of his hands goes upward to my cheek, pushing me a little back making me break our kiss.

"I thought you didn't like me."

What am I supposed to answer? Saying that I was crazy about him from the start?

"I- I thought it would be better like that" I answer.

The eyes that looked empty today aren't there anymore, now his eyes are shining.

"I am sorry for the position I put you in."

"don't be" I reply as fast as I can.

I am still on top of him, but now I am pulling back and sitting up, and he does the same just sitting beside me, leaving no space between us.

Should there even be an us? No there shouldn't, but he didn't marry her for love, but in the end, he still loved her, she is dead now and I feel like I am taking advantage of that.

"I am sorry, but this shouldn't happen again" I say, regretting the kiss just now, even though I enjoyed every second of it.

I try to lay in the position I was at the beginning, but he pulls me back, my back is against his stomach and chest now, his legs tangle through my own.

"don't leave me, not now" he says, putting his arms around my waist, and holding into it hard, and just like that we fall asleep.

.....................................................

Writers; Kaynad M. & Maryam S.

Word count; 1110