Chapter 3

"We're here." I said in a singsong voice as I parked the car into the more or less empty parking lot. Joy, this way I'll be free to enjoy quality time with my daughter without being disturbed by the press.

"Yayyy! Let's go Mommy! Let's go!" She excitedly chirped. A softly laugh left my lips at her excitement and cute antics as I turned off my engine and unbuckled my seatbelt.

"Okay, okay." I replied just as enthusiastically even as an uncontrollable smile laced my lips.

I grabbed my car keys and oepend the door which immediately had me squinting my eyes at the sharp rays of light that threatened to blind me. At least I have some sunglasses in my bag. I stepped out of the car, allowing the warm sunrays to caress my bare skin until it felt like I was burning from the heat. A sigh left my lips as I closed my door and made my over to the trunk where I pulled out my sunglasses and a hundred bucks bill before closing my bag then the trunk. I then opened the backseat door to the highly excited child as she bounced in her seat in barely contained excitement. I bit my lip to hold in the giggles that threatened threatened break free as I reached out for our picnic basket and hung it onto my arm before helping the excited girl out of her car seat and out of the car.

"Emma, always play close to where I can see you, alright?" I sternly told the excited child, hoping that she was listening.

She excitedly nodded her head making me doubt her concentration.

"Emina, I'm serious. Play close to where Mommy can see you." I repeated, even more sternly, if that's possible.

"I will Mommy. I promise." She grinned," Can we go now?"

I sighed as I closed the door and locked the car, taking her small hand and securely clutching into mine before guiding her to the almost empty park until we were close enough for me to let go of her.

"Be careful and remember to..." I sternly looked at her all too familiar hazel eyes, waiting for her to complete the sentence to see if she was even listening to me a couple of minutes ago.

"Play where you can see me." She immediately repeated my words with a grin.

"Good girl." I praised with a smile," Now go play." 

Without a waste of time, she ran to the monkey bars as expected.

I sighed, before scanning the park for a nearby shady place to sit and unfortunately came out short there were few trees and all those were far from the playground, so I was stuck with sitting on the park benches, atleast they had shelter from the sun though.

I was about to walk towards one of the empty benches, when my eyes spotted a man with his face dug in his hands sitting on one of the benches. His hands were dug deep into his brunette, curly locks. His body seemed to be rising in patterns, like the after effects of crying and for some reason, he pulled at my heartstrings and before I could even register my movements, I was headed towards his direction. I don't know why, but my body willed me to go to him even as I tried to fight it until I found my sandals standing opposite a pair of black and white Levis'. He seemed to be ignoring my presence or he genuinely was too deep in thought to notice it.

"Hello Sir," I softly greeted, before I could even think." Are you alright?"

I don't know what was possessing me to speak but I sure didn't like it even as a part of me seemed to be genuinely concerned. Maybe it's the motherly instincts in me, I don't know.

He looked up at me and at that moment, my world seemed to stop. My heart skipped a beat and my palms started sweating up a storm. A gasp nearly escaped my lips, but luckily it didn't. 

His eyes seemed to dig deep into mine, an emerald green shining like jewels, but somehow seemed void like the dark. His eyelashes so long and full, making it seem like they brushed his cheekbones when he blinked. His eyebrows perfectly arched and full. His nose straight but not long. His lips plump and full, even in their dryness. His cheeks flushed from crying, but not taking away an ounce of his beauty. He looked so angelic, that I doubted his existence. Wait what?