Chapter 5

I opened my eyes to a beautiful meadow. It filled me with peace and serenity and I felt safer than I've ever felt in my entire life.

"Hey Champ." Greeted a very familiar voice that had my heart to skipping a beat as anxiety and disbelief filled my being," Didn't even miss your old man, did ya?"

Tears welled up in my eyes as I forced myself to turn and face someone I last saw and spoke to 10 years ago.

There in the flesh stood my Dad, Reynold Samuel Carson.

"Don't have anything to say to me? Well I have a bunch to say to you, Boy." He scoffed, even though that didn't alter the smile on his face." London my Boy, you have to move on." He shook his head in disapproval. For some reason, anger started building up in my being, but before I could let it out, he looked at me with a sad smile," Son, I love you more than life itself, even though I no longer have it." He joked, before his face turned back to being sad," I only want the best for you and this resentment, this hatred, this loss of hope, is not what I want for you."

"Then please help me." I quietly begged, like the child I am.

He softly smiled at me and nodded," I've already done my part, but now it's your turn."

"What do you mean?" I asked, even as I stared at his form as it started moving backwards, getting smaller and smaller," Take care, Son. Always remember that I only want the best for you and I love you." His form disappeared, leaving only his voice echoing," Take care."

My feet moved before I could think towards the disappearing voice," Dad!" I called as my walk turned into a full blown sprint towards the disappearing voice.

"Take care, Champ." His voice echoed, before a bright, white light hit me full force, the force pushing me back.

I jumped up and noticed that I was on an unfamiliar bed. An unfamiliar, concerned woman's face came to my vision making me ask," Where am I? And who are you?"

"Calm down, Dear. It's alright. My name's Sophia, Miss William's housekeeper and you're in Miss William's residence." She softly answered with a gentle, motherly smile.

I closed my eyes with my hand as a groan of pain left my lips at the oncoming headache. My father's words silently repeating in my head before finally disappearing into nothingness. My memories of earlier today flashed back to me, almost taking my breath away at the intensity, like a wake-up call.

"Honey, are you alright? You seem a bit shaken up?" She asked with a look of worry.

"Ye-yes, I'm alright." I sighed, running my hand through my now greasy hair, before I paused for a thought," Pardon me for asking, but isn't Blake Black, Lenora's housekeeper?" I asked.

"Yes she is, but only in training." Sophia smiled.

Sophia looked to be in her early or mid forties, with her rich, shiny, brunette curls. Full lips, full and long eyelashes, button nose with a couple of freckles on her cheeks and perfectly arched bushy eyebrows.

"Wow, when was the last time I had a man give me a once off." She giggled.

"Pardon?" I asked in embarrassment at being caught staring.

"Well you see, Hon, I'm fifty two years old, but unfortunately, I lost my beau two years back and haven't given dating a shot since." She chuckled." I haven't been entertaining the male population, but ladies in this house keep trying to encourage me to get back in the game. I'm so self conscious about my age, so I don't even try." She freely chirped with a sigh at the end.

"Well, you're one of the most gorgeous fifty two years olds I've ever seen, Ma'am. I honestly took you for someone in her forties." I admitted with a friendly smile.