Chapter Seventeen: Heading Away

“When will you be back?” Belle asked crossing her arms, she watched Aoife pack knowing that she wasn’t pleased with the fact that her sister was disappearing on holiday straight after her wedding.

Belle had hoped to spend time with Aoife, she had barely seen her much during the wedding and reception; it was almost like her sister was avoiding her or something.

“In two weeks,” Aoife replied simply, she didn’t know why Belle was so interested in spending time with her all of a sudden; she felt unnerved at spending so much time with the woman that had run away leaving such a mess behind for everyone else to deal with.

Belle pouted softly, she had no idea what she would do while Aoife was gone but she hoped that things would be better when her sister came back; she wanted to bond with her after the past few weeks.

“Where are you going again?” Belle questioned trying to recall where Aoife had said she would be spending her honeymoon; she was a little nervous about her sister spending so much time with Marco alone with no one with them.

“I don’t know… Marco wanted it to be a surprise,” Aoife murmured trying not to snap at Belle, she was going to have to get used to seeing her sister until they could do a paternity test to find out who was the father of the baby that Belle was carrying.

Belle stared at Aoife, she wished that there was something that she could fix all of this; something that she could do to make her sister talk to her, she wanted to support Aoife since she was going to need her.

“I’m going to miss you,” Belle whispered wanting them to act like they weren’t fighting, she wanted her sister to support her and she hated that they were acting like this.

Aoife closed her eyes, she was going to be leaving for the airport soon and she wasn’t in the mood to deal with Belle acting like this in anyway.

“I wish I could say the same,” Aoife replied quietly before she turned away from Belle and focusing on what she was doing, she needed to make sure that she had everything for their trip.

***

“Are you going to tell me where we are going?” Aoife asked curiously, she laced her fingers with Marco’s knowing that they had to get checked in and he wasn’t going to be able to keep their destination a secret much longer.

Marco chuckled and nodded his head, he had only kept it a secret this long because he had worried that Belle would find some way of ruining their honeymoon for them.

“Thailand,” Marco replied looking to Aoife, he had booked them into the Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui, he wanted to be able to enjoy their honeymoon and he could only imagine what they were going to do when they got there.

Aoife stared at her husband, she was a little surprised that they were going to Thailand especially since she hadn’t imagined anything like that; she recalled that he had often taken Belle to Miami and Hawaii on holidays and their honeymoon had been booked for the Maldives.

“Thailand?” Aoife asked to be sure that she had heard him right, she was a little excited about going and she had a feeling it would be a long flight; she was suddenly glad that she had packed a book for the flight for something to do.

Marco nodded his head, he drew Aoife close as he wheeled the trolley towards the check in; he was sure that two weeks in Thailand would be good for them and he could only imagine what life would be like when they returned from their honeymoon.

Belle might have been pregnant with his child but Marco wasn’t going to spend much time with her until the paternity test was done; he was sure that David would be the father and he didn’t want to get involved with his ex.

“Are you going to tell me more about our honeymoon?” Aoife asked smiling, she could only imagine what Marco had planned for them and she hoped to relax before she started her new job as a teacher and Manuela started to dictate when she was to give Marco a baby.

Marco shook his head, he didn’t want to say too much since he was sure someone would tip off the press; the last thing that he wanted to do was to be stalked on his honeymoon while he should be relaxing with Aoife.

“You’ll just have to wait and see,” Marco teased giving Aoife a quick kiss, he pulled back quickly and walked towards the check in with their bags; he would have two weeks to get used to having her as his wife and their honeymoon would help them relax.

Aoife smiled watching Marco walk ahead of her, she was looking forward to having him to herself for two weeks; she could only imagine what would happen when they came back and she would probably have to share her new husband with Belle.

It was becoming increasingly clear that Belle was going to be sticking around until her baby was born, it had barely been twenty-four hours since Aoife had married Marco and the older Beckan sister was talking about finding an apartment in Dortmund to be close to the couple.

Aoife shook her head, she wasn’t going to allow herself to think about what her sister was doing; Belle had her life and Aoife had hers, they didn’t have to do things together anymore.

***

“So what do you have planned for our honeymoon?” Aoife pestered as they took their seats in first class, she was curious and she wanted to know what was going to happen; she had never been to Thailand before and she was so excited.

Marco snorted finding their seats, he moved to put his bag in the overhead locker before he turned to Aoife; he drew her close knowing that this was going to be fun.

“It’s a surprise,” Marco mused ducking his head down a little to kiss her, he was pleased that they hadn’t been bothered too much by anyone; apart from Belle visiting that morning, the newlyweds had been pretty much left alone.

Marco held Aoife close, he didn’t want to think about her sister when the woman was becoming nothing short of a pain in the ass; he prayed to whoever would listen that the baby wasn’t his.

Aoife wrapped her arms around Marco’s neck as she kissed him back, she was still amazed at how passionate things were between them; they hadn’t been able to keep their hands off one another when they had gotten back home after their wedding.

The sound of someone clearing their throat made the couple pull apart, they moved out of the way allowing an elderly woman to walk past them; she tutted annoyed as she moved away to get to her seat.

Marco chuckled before taking Aoife’s bag from her so that he could store it, he signalled for her to take the seat by the window since he wasn’t overly fond of sitting by the window during take-off.

Aoife smiled taking the seat, she was sure that things were going to be good for them and she hoped that there wouldn’t be much trouble when they returned from their honeymoon.

Marco sat down next to her and kissed his new wife again, he was going to enjoy not having to share Aoife with anyone during the two weeks that they were in Thailand; they both deserved a break before anymore drama arrived.