Chapter Eighteen: The First Night

Aoife sighed in relief as she stepped into their hotel suite, she was glad that they had finally arrived at the hotel after their long flight and she was glad that she could relax for a little while.

Marco tipped the bell-boy before he moved their suitcases, he looked around the room relieved that they were finally able to relax; it had been a little draining all the traveling but that all changed now.

“I’m going to freshen up,” Aoife mused softly moving to collect her suitcase, she smiled at Marco knowing that she wouldn’t be long; it was pretty late and she wanted to get some sleep.

Marco nodded his head, he moved to check his phone knowing that he had to text a couple of people to let them know that they had arrived safely; he didn’t want anyone worrying about them while they were on their honeymoon.

Aoife dragged her suitcase after her and shut the door behind her, she still felt a little awkward about getting undressed in front of Marco; they might have been married but they were wary of going too quickly.

Aoife slipped out of her shoes before she moved to open up her case and started to look for her pyjamas; she frowned knowing that she had packed them yet she couldn’t find them.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Aoife whispered slowly picking a satin babydoll, she stared at her wondering who had swapped around her luggage; she certainly didn’t own anything like that and it made her stomach turn.

Aoife swallowed, this was definitely her suitcase and she had been able to unlock it with her combination on the lock; she was the only one who knew it, she hadn’t even shared it with Marco.

A small white note made Aoife frown before she reached for it, she swallowed and slowly opened it wondering what was going on; she had no idea what to expect from the note.

“Don’t forget that I want grandbabies soon,” Aoife stared at the note and took a deep breath, Manuela had messed with her suitcase before the flight and changed some of her things.

Aoife groaned under her breath, this was the last thing that she needed right now and while she had been intimate on her wedding night with Marco; she just wanted to sleep tonight after their long nap.

Slowly changed out of her travel clothes, Aoife settled on a turquoise lace appliqué satin slip to wear to bed; she didn’t want to take too long in the bathroom when she knew that Marco would want to wash up as well.

Closing her suitcase, Aoife looked at herself in the mirror; she tugged on the bottom of her slip trying to cover more of her legs, she still couldn’t believe that Manuela had swapped her pyjamas for things like this.

Aoife took a deep breath before she walked out of the bathroom, she took her suitcase with her not wanting to leave it in Marco’s way; she didn’t look at her husband as she set it on the other side of the room.

Marco stared at Aoife, his green eyes admiring her legs and he wondered why she had chosen a slip for bed; he swallowed trying to keep his thoughts clean.

“Your mother unpacking some of my things,” Aoife explained not looking at Marco, she crouched down to get her hair brush not wishing to bend over and show him too much; she couldn’t believe that she hadn’t realised this before they had left Dortmund.

Marco nodded his head, he slowly walked over to Aoife and wrapped his arms around her before she could start brushing her hair; his lips ghosted over her neck as he pulled her back flush against him.

“I’m sorry,” Marco murmured wondering what his mother had been thinking, if she had gotten into Aoife’s suitcase then there was a chance she had done the same with his.

Aoife shook her head, she didn’t blame Marco for any of this and she had a feeling that when they returned to Dortmund that Manuela would push for them to have a baby as quickly as possible.

“It’s fine,” Aoife replied turning to face Marco, she set down her hair brush as he rested his hands on her hips; she had no idea how things had become so easy for them.

Marco ducked down a little and kissed Aoife, there wasn’t much of a height between the couple and Marco was pleased with that; he held Aoife close before he started to lead her towards the bed.

“I’m not going to rush you for a child Aoife… we’ll have one when the time is right,” Marco murmured brushing his fingers through her hair, he wasn’t going to allow his mother to rush them and having a baby would take time; he wanted Aoife to be prepared to be a mother.

In a month Aoife was due to start a new job at the primary school, she would be so busy getting used to her new job and Marco wanted her to be happy; they had enough to deal with, after Belle had announced that he could be her baby’s father.

“I know,” Aoife whispered closing the gap between them again and wrapping her arms around his neck; she was grateful that Marco wasn’t rushing her for a baby like his mother wanted.

It was going to be tough but the couple were determined to make this work; their marriage had to stick and they didn’t see the point in making themselves miserable with their arrangement.

Marco gently nudged Aoife towards the bed before he stepped back and tugged his T-shirt over his head; his hands eagerly moving to the top of his jeans while he watched Aoife move further onto their hotel bed.

“You have no idea what you do to me liebe,” Marco teased softly, he had never felt like this with Belle and he was happy with the life that he had now; he pulled down his dark wash jeans leaving him only in his black boxer briefs.

Marco climbed onto the bed and kissed Aoife, he wasn’t going to let anything ruin their honeymoon; he had no intentions of being apart from Aoife during the next two weeks, it was going to be good for them.

“I have a pretty good idea,” Aoife mused wrapping her legs around his waist as he slowly lowered himself onto her, she pressed her heels into the small of his back holding him close to her.

Marco laughed softly, he kissed Aoife and hoped that their time in Thailand wasn’t going to be disturbed; he had kept their location a secret for a good reason and he wasn’t about to let anyone ruin their holiday when they deserved it.

Marco slowly started to kiss down her neck, he couldn’t help himself and he was glad that they were away from Germany; he could only imagine what the media was like right now.

“Marco,” Aoife murmured her fingers brushing through his hair as she moaned softly, he pressed down on her gently knowing that he would do anything for her; he was happy and he was going to make his new wife even happier if he could.

Marco nibbled and kissed his way tenderly down her neck, he couldn’t help himself when he knew that they were officially alone; he doubted that he would ever get used to the fact that she was his wife.

Aoife pulled Marco back to her lips, she couldn’t help herself and she had a feeling that they wouldn’t be leaving their hotel room for a couple of days; she buried her fingers in Marco’s hair as his hands slowly started to push up the satin slip that she was wearing.

“I love you,” Aoife breathed feeling a little breathless from their kiss, she looked into Marco’s eyes knowing that this was what she wanted.

Marco kissed her gently, he was going to do everything that he could to make Aoife happy; he loved her too much to allow anything to get in their way.

“I love you too,” Marco whispered gently before he kissed her again, she had no idea how much she meant to him after everything that had happened.