Chapter 5 (the end)

Chris' P.O.V.

I could see the shock in her eyes when she found me on the other side of the door, despite the pouring rain that had been steadily falling for the last three days in LA. I didn't care about the weather, just like I didn't care that she was in a relationship with one of my best friends. I just had to see her.

"Chris?" She asked, and held her robe tighter against her body, which she predominantly hid behind the door. It made me irrationally angry. I was aware of the lack of correspondence between that simple action and the intensity of the feeling that overtook my body, but there wasn't anything I could do at that moment. I was too far gone, already.

"What? Wasn't expecting to see me? Didn't think I'd come all the way down here to ask you why the hell you've been avoiding me like I'm the devil?" She flinched, but didn't make any movement to show more of herself from behind the door.

"For fuck's sake, woman, stop hiding from me. I've seen you naked before. I've had you writhing with pleasure under me..." My voice slowly disappeared as I stared down at her stomach, now visible since I had pushed my way into the house, taking the door away from her. She was tense, her hands trying to cover her belly and failing miserably. "You're pregnant?!"

She didn't answer. She didn't have to. That much was obvious. But if my first reaction was to feel desperation at the realization that the woman I loved was that much more unattainable, a small voice in my brain whispered something that left me curious.

"Who's the father?" I asked, looking at her directly in the eyes, despite the fact that she was trying to look pretty much everywhere but at me. "Y/N." The way I called her name was a warning in itself, but she still didn't budge. "Y/N," I called again as I took a step closer to her, until we were in fact all but touching.

"Answer me." I held her jaw tightly but carefully, forcing her to meet my eyes, but she still didn't answer, opting instead to bite her lower lip and look up at me with a desperate look in her eyes. I knew what she was asking for, and so I obliged. "Come here," I whispered, already pulling her to follow my demand. And then I leaned down and took her lips in mine.

It didn't matter that it was the middle of the night, that she was pregnant and that her boyfriend - my best friend - was sleeping somewhere in that house. All that mattered was her and I and the way it felt when our lips touched.

Her hands came up to my hair and I pulled her up by her ass as best as I could, considering the belly between us. "Where is he?" I whispered, and she didn't even open her eyes to speak.

"Our bedroom."

"Fine." I took her to the hallway and opened the first door I found, which was of the guest room I had spent a few nights in, oh so many months ago. It shared a wall with the bedroom where Sebastian was currently sleeping in, but the truth was, I did not care. A big part of me, the dark part of me, was kind of hoping he would listen. I wanted him to know that I was fucking his girl, because maybe then she'd finally be mine.

I unceremoniously dropped her on the bed before crawling over her body, pulling her by the back of her neck so our lips would meet again. I was desperate for her, for her taste, for her warmth, her caresses. Luckily, it seemed like she felt the same way.

"Chris," she whispered as I leaned down to suck on her breasts. They were slightly bigger, I bet they were more sensitive to my touch. I moaned at the thought that soon, they would be filled with the warm milk she'd need to feed her child. I wanted to have a taste of it too. I wanted to be around to witness the changes, worship the body that was growing another human being.