Numb.

The rest of the day for Adrien was a blur. He heard the sobs of his loved ones around him, and the panic in Marinette's voice as her parents held her back from running into his arms. After the news, Adrien turned numb. It seemed safer to not feel anything at all than to feel everything at once.

He ignored Alya's cries and Chloe's demands, he ignored the judge's words and his aunts comfort, he ignored the pain creeping in and- and he was just...

Numb.

He left the courtroom without saying a word. He couldn't face her, how could he? What was he meant to do? Look at her and hope it won't be the last time he sees her? This was all wrong. Nothing made sense anymore. Why him?

Amelie, Felix and Adrien returned to his fathers house that night. Adrien wasn't sure why- he was sure that they were staying in a hotel? But he didn't have any energy to question it. Walking in, his mind flooded with memories of his mother, his father and Nathalie. He shouldn't be here.

Meanwhile Marinette was broken. She was hurt. Why didn't he talk to me? Look at me? She was blaming herself, she could've done something- anything, used a lucky charm or finished reading her statement. But she didn't. And it was too late. Her love. Her soulmate. Was leaving Paris forever... and she couldn't do anything. But wait.
Tom and Sabine decided to give Marinette her space. They didn't know if Adrien would return to their home tonight and decided to wait a few hours before calling Amelie, to give them time to talk.

Adrien had been sat in his room. Alone, Isolated and afraid. Afraid of loss, afraid of loving, afraid to leave and afraid to lose Plagg. Plagg was quiet too- he tried to talk to Adrien but it was like talking to a brick wall. He had given up. And it hurt Adrien. He wanted to scream that he wasn't okay. That he needed help. But all he could do was sit on his bed, in silence and solitude. Staring at his sad Kwami next to him.

Adrien walked over and sat down on his sofa, avoiding checking his phone he needed something to distract him from his thoughts. He flicked on  the TV and the news channel switched on,
"Nadia Shamack here with some breaking news! It was released to the press today that Chat Noir and Ladybug have defected Hawkmoth and Myura! The pair of supper villains have been in custody for some time now but the date of their arrest is yet to be confirmed. Paris' Mayor will be making a speech at 5pm tonight discussing the identity of the villains as well as plans for the upcoming exclusive reveal ball- where Paris' superhero's will be unmasked for the first time! Tune in later for the live cover o-"
And with that Adrien switched off the TV.

"Plagg" he finally spoke up. The Kwami sprung to life and flew over to his owner- happy to hear his voice again.

"yes Adrien?" he asked cautiously

"do you think we could go and see Mari?"

"are you sure you want to talk to her right away? What if Amelie comes up?" Plagg responded.

"with everything going on with Lila and now this- she has no one to talk to, like me. And i'm sure Amelie and Felix will be fine without me"

"why don't you try telling Amelie you're going out?" Plagg suggested "she might allow it and then you won't have to lie anymore" Plagg knew Adrien hated lies, and the events of today proved that. Maybe Adrien's new gardiens would stop all the lies?

"maybe- if she says no then we will have to resort back to our old ways" Adrien sighed.

He made his way to the dining room where Amelie and Felix were sat, deep in conversation, Adrien knocked politely on the door.
"Adrien!" Amelie exclaimed, looking up at the boy "everything alright my love?"

"yeah i was just-"

"i know you must have a lot of questions about everything that's going to happen but i think today has been eventful enough for you. Me and Felix have some things to talk about tonight but i promise we will fill you in tomorrow. Alright sweet?"

"oh uhm- ye-yeh i was just wondering if i could have dinner with my friends tonight?" Adrien asked sheepishly

"of course darling no need to ask! What time can i expect you home?"

Adrien was surprised at the freedom she offered him but he was going to make the most of it.

"what time do you want me back?" Adrien asked, trying not to push his limits.

"hmm what time are you usually out until?" Amelie asked cluelessly

"well i uh- i've never stayed out past 5pm with friends..."

"oh honey-" Amelie sighed. She knew his father was though but not that though.
"you're 16 in a few months so i think 12 is suitable?"

"really! No way! Thank you Amelie!" Adrien replied excitedly. Finally. Some freedom, as Adrien.

"but i want your location turn on, and messages every now and then to know you're okay"

"of course thank you!" Adrien yelled as he ran out of his home.

"wow Plagg, Amelie is really nice!"

"I know! Maybe this won't be too bad... but, what was she talking about when she said she had to talk to Felix?"

"i'm not sure? Maybe sleeping arrangements- i'm not sure what their house in London is like, i don't actually know a lot about them..." He sighed, heading towards Marinette's house.

Then he saw something, someone- all to familiar. Ladybug, she was heading to their spot. Adrien looked at Plagg and received a warm smile from him before saying
"Plagg, Claws out!" And jumping into the distance.

"Little lady on a roof, all alone without her kitty" Ladybug sung as she hopes Chat would show.

And as if on clue, someone landed beside her. She nudged him with her leg and he returned the favour.
"remix?" Chat giggled

"...something like that"

"i'm sorry for running off earlier" Chat admitted, looking out over the Paris skyline.

"it's okay, you have a lot going on"

"but so do you, it's not fair for me to leave you like that- i'm sorry..."

That sat in silence for a minute, not sure what to say to each other.

"we, we never finished our kiss promise..." Chat began, raising his eyes to meet Ladybugs.

"hm?"

"here" Chat began interlocking their pinky s and kissed his thumb like he had before- she returned the favour and they bumped thumbs like before.

"n-now what?" Ladybug asked

"now this..." Chat whispered. He leant in and placed his free hand on her cheek, and gently placed a kiss on her lips. He pulled away and rested his head on hers.
"promise i won't lose you LB"

"i promise Chaton..." She pulled away before reaching into her yo-yo and pulling something out.

"blueberry macaroon?" She asked with a grin forming on her face.

"you know me so well Purr-inces" He said with a chuckle, taking the macaroon from her hand and biting down on it. She blushed at the nickname but soon returned to the elephant in the room,

"what's going to happen to us kitty?" She asked, resting her head on his shoulder

"i don't know, but i'm talking to Amelie tomorrow about everything- you'll be the first to know"

"i love you Chat, always"

"i love you too bugaboo"

~hello everyone! yes this is a filler chapter but i felt we needed a bit of a break from crying today! What do you think Amelie needs to talk to Felix about? Let me know!~