Lunchtime 2.0

At school the pair consistently received daggering looks. From their friends, to people they didn't even know- they were hated. And why? Lila of course. She started all of this, and she was getting away with it. As third period came around a special announcement was made over the speakers and the teacher was told to turn on the news and tune into a special announcement from the Mayor.

Adrien stiffened at the works on the speaker but soon relaxed as he felt Marinette's hand ruffle his hair from behind him. She knew this would be hard for him, but with everything that had happened over the past week she was sure he could handle it. Chloe glanced over with a hurt expression as she saw Marinette's actions, but her gaze soon softened as she saw Adrien relax. He was happy, and right now, that is what mattered to her. His glance mer hers and she put on a comforting smile. Adrien was so lucky to have all of these people here for him, and he wanted to be there for them too. Soon the rumours will be out to rest...

"Hello people of Paris!" The Mayor began
"today i will NOT be answering any questions surrounding Hawkmoth and his family, today i am here to talk about the ball"
Gasps and excited giggles surged through the classroom. This was ironic. Everyone hated them, but loved their hero persona. Maybe this wasn't a good idea...

"the ball is exclusive and invite only. No press will be allowed into the venue and the identities of the hero's will be released in the early hours of the next morning... We want our hero's to enjoy a fun night, not harassed by reporters and cameras which is why this decision is to be final." boos hissed through the classroom as the mayor continued.

"schools and non-essential businesses will be closed for tomorrow in preparation for a celebration carnival and parade on Sunday. Now, the date for the ball is for this Saturday-"
"WHAT!" Marinette yelled out. Glares shot across the room and Marinette felt very silly.
"It will begin at 9:30pm and the hero's will be unmasked at nidnight. Thank you."

And then the video ended and chatter erupted. Nino and Alya were whispering away excitedly, Kim betting Alex he will break into the ball, Chloe chattering with Sabrina about the news. But Adrien. Adrien was still, and so was Marinette. The didn't look at each other, they just knew- this was it. Everything was about to change.

After the announcement the attention was off of Marinette and onto the ball. As they left the classroom and emerged into the hallway excited laughter and rushed talking surrounded them. Everyone was so thrilled... so why did Marinette and Adrien feel like this? Like? Something... wasnt right? They had kept their identities a secret for years now and, just like that, their lives will change forever. Sure, Adrien's life pretty much had been flipped upside down but being Chat and being able to escape his life was one of the best advantages he had. And now he was expected to merge the two? It just didn't seem fair?

The four friends made there way out of school for lunch and headed to Marinette's house again as they had a week prior. They managed to leave with minimal looks and comments which they considered a success.The gorilla stayed close but waited outside. As soon as they made it into Marinette's room Alya and Nino took their seats on her sofa bed as usual and Adrien went with sitting on her steps once again.
Nino pulled out his lunch and gave Alya half of his sandwich.

Marinette handed Adrien a box of blueberry macaroons, their hands brushed and for a moment they were in a bliss. Tingles waved through their hands and down their bodies. Electric love sparking from their touch- the room glowed with an aura of lust. But just as quickly they were brought out of their dream and back to the room at the sound of Alya's voice.

"girl we've got to get our dresses done for the ball!" Alya exclaimed. Shit. The ball. Adrien and Marinette both shot each other the same look- a look to say, is this what we want?

"y-yeah, ive got yours done actually Alya, and your's Nino" Marinette continued as she walked over to her closet and pulled their outfits out. Alya's was a long fire orange dress with a black strip running up the side. It was lose in the leg and tight in the top, which would compliment her figure perfectly.

"OMG MARI!" Alya screamed as she dashed over to grab her dress, throwing Nino's sandwich back at him.

"woah" Nino said, not phased at the food which had just slapped his face.

Nino's suit was an emerald green velvet fabric, lined with black features. Matching black trousers and a black shirt. The colours of the suit and dress complimented each other perfectly.

"these are PERFECT! Thank you Mari!" Alya squealed, wrapping her in a hug. "but what about you and Adrien?"

"i have everything cut and ready to go ive just got to put it all together"

-

The rest of the day continued and they made it though 5th period avoiding Lila. Marinette returned home and worked on her and Adrien's clothes for the ball on Saturday and Adrien spent some time with Felix. Some. Some time.

He spent most the night in his room. Alone. Preparing for tomorrow. Because tomorrow was Friday.

And Friday is the day his mum dies.

~hello this is a filler chapter i know but i wanted to give you guys a little break from the drama as next chapter will be an emotional one!~

~it's my birthday tomorrow so unfortunately no chapters until sunday/monday. Thank you for 13k reads! Keep reading~