Hell-oween Car Chase

The air was rushed out of me to say the least.

My jaw dropped. My stomach sank. My heart stopped. My eyes widened.

"N-no." I whispered brokenly as the overwhelming need to crumple to the ground and die slammed into me at full force.

I looked to Bertinelli's left to see the one and only...

Captain Theo. 

In all his smug glory, he walked over to Bertinelli who he then bowed to.

'No. No. No. No. No.'

I couldn't believe my eyes.

"You." I whispered as my chest began to hurt. From the pain of betrayal or from stopping myself from crying, I don't know.

This wasn't the Theo I knew. 

The Theo in front of me was wearing a suit much like Bertinelli's with a smirk on his face so evil I thought he would combust from all the vileness within him.

His usually long dirty blond hair was trimmed short, verging on a buzzcut, and the way he stood made him seem taller than usual.

Standing next to Bertinelli, Theo was only one or two inches shorter.

"Grace. What's going on??" Scar questioned concernedly, but I barely heard her over my own heartbeat that was in my ears.

"Me." Theo affirmed smugly and the air rushed out of my lungs.

"The unidentifiable police cruiser." I breathed out as the pieces began to fit. "You were the one who broke him out. You're the one who's been helping him. You let him know about our plan." I rambled out as my chest felt tighter than ever.

"Wait, what?!" Scar shouted loudly, but I didn't even flinch.

My pain and sadness then turned into anger because of the sickeningly smug look on his face.

"You son of a fucking bitch." I snapped furiously. "I thought of you as a brother when mum died. And the entire time, you've been pulling this shit??" I hissed as my jaw was clenched so hard, I was sure it was going to break.

"Grace? What the fuck is going on??" Scar rushedly asked, but I couldn't focus on it.

When I tried to move to get out of the car so I could pound that fucker into the ground, my legs wouldn't move. My lower half felt like jelly as my head swam.

"Shit." I cursed as the world continued to swim uncomfortably.

"I'm sorry, Grace. But you know how this goes." I barely heard Theo say and I gritted my teeth harder at the look on his face.

I tried to take some deep breaths, but all it did was make my chest feel worse.

"The boss wants you dead. And what the boss wants, I have to do." Theo continued with a small shrug, but all it did was make me even angrier.

"Grace. There's a gun in the glove compartment if you need it. If they shoot, you fucking shoot back." Scar ordered curtly, her voice sharp from restrained anger.

I snapped my eyes to the glove compartment, reached over, and opened it.

'Damn right I'll shoot back.'

"Come here, then. And end this once and for all." I shouted back, reaching for the small gun inside which was a simple silver handgun. My voice was rough and raspy from not feeling well, but it was loud enough for them to hear.

"I'd love to." was all I heard before a gunshot.

"Fuck!" I swore as the sound of a bullet hitting the right side of the car ricocheted in my eardrums.