Story Time Pt. 2

'What the FUCK do I do now, hm? After I've made such a fool out of myself.'

After a lovely panic attack in front of Ben, Gray, and John, people who I hadn't known for long at ALL, I was freaked out to say the least. I had just broken down in front of three dumbasses all because I couldn't get through my mum's story.

'Fuck. My. Life.'

"I-I haven't had a panic attack in years. I-I don't know why one started today." I muttered absentmindedly to myself while propping myself up on the counter. My body felt drained beyond imagination.

"You bringing up your...mother," John paused, gauging my reaction, "caused you to be sent back to that dark time which essentially overwhelmed your mind." He finished carefully. 

I nodded in response, understanding completely. "I-I'm sorry that I f-freaked out on you guys." I apologized, very fucking embarrassed. 

'Of course. Just what I fucking needed. A panic attack in front of these idiots. WHy tHe FuCK nOt?' 

Ben gave me a small smile, not sensing the inner turmoil I was battling and trying to repress. "You have nothing to apologize for. We're used to panic attacks by now."

His confession was curious to say the least and looked to John for explanation, but he simply shook his head. I understood that he wanted to drop it so I stayed silent and shoved down my curiosity. 

'One battle at a time, bitch.'

I let out a deep exhale, feeling dread rise in my chest once more when I realized I hadn't completed my Disney princess backstory and shit.

"I...I guess I should finish my story." I started, my voice almost inaudible to my own ears.

I lifted my head up to look at the guys and the minute we locked gaze, John's eyes widened and he immediately shook his head.

"No, Grace." He began and I rolled my eyes, knowing what was about to go down. "Talking about this is what triggered your attack. I won't let you try to put yourself through that just to satisfy our curiosities." He tried to declare firmly, though having no fucking effect on me.

This time, it was my turn to shake my head. 

"No. I need to come to terms with this and the only way I can do that is by speaking the truth." I replied just as firmly, leaving no room for argument.

And with that, I shook my head and prepared to continue with the story. I then thought for a moment and walked into the living room adjacent to the kitchen. "Come with me." I spoke up without turning around. I sat on the coffee table and rested my elbows on my thighs.

In the kitchen, the guys gave each other a look and I refrained from rolling my eyes.

"Are you going to come willingly or am I going to have to make you come sit?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. 

They all looked unconvinced before they realized who they were dealing with and their eyes widened at the menacing look I was giving them. 

Dude, I was not in the mood for this shite.

I could easily put all three of them on their arses without breaking a sweat and they knew it. 

Which is why they hastily rushed and sat on the couch in front of me like the cowards they can be. 

I sighed deeply, thinking back to where I left the tale on.

"Um...continuing with my story, my mum and I were jumped by Bertinelli a couple of years ago." I began, swallowing the lump in my throat. John put a comforting hand on my knee and I flinched slightly at the physical contact. "We...we were outnumbered ten-to-one. It's a miracle I managed to make it out." I swallowed hard again.