Chapter 9

Unedited

Unedited.

"Girl! Go home and get some sleep. You are looking so horrible." Daksha said while entering my cabin with the reports in her hand.

"It's fine. Are they the records of the patient in room no: 65?" I asked by extending my hand to get them and looked at her when she refused to hand them over to me.

"I don't know why you are behaving so weirdly and started over-exerting yourself but look at yourself, you are looking like you are about to die out of exhaustion. Listen to me and go home." Hearing her words, I just thinned my lips and avoided looking at her.

It's true, I started spending more of my time in the hospital as I wanted to escape from certain facts and work seemed to be the only diversion for me.

So I started taking night shifts and started working on weekends too. Everyone was asking me why I was being so unusual but I couldn't answer them, not when I didn't myself have any answers to certain questions.

So it's better to play dumb and avoid those qualms but I, for sure, knew I couldn't hide anything for long from my girls and If I was correct, they must have already started suspecting something.

It's not I wasn't ready to share the news of me getting married but I couldn't do it when I, myself didn't come to terms with that fact.

"Yuktha! Are you sleeping with your eyes wide open or what? Geez! If that's the case, you seriously need to get some sound sleep. Get up..get up." She urged me by making me stand on my feet while ignoring my protests.

"No. Let me be-"

"Shut up and listen to me. It's an order from your superior a.k.a me. So you have to obey me. Now shoo shoo." She said as I didn't hesitate to roll my eyes at her as she glared at me and threw me out of my cabin.

"Arey! At least let me collect my things." The moment I finished my words, she threw my bag at me from the room and walked outside. She looked at me before locking the door of my cabin and walked away with a sweet smile while placing the key in her coat's pocket.

I just sighed in irritation and took the elevator to reach downstairs. As I stood outside to hail a cab, my phone pinged, indicating that I had received a message. Taking it out and seeing the name of the sender, my hands trembled slightly and the phone was almost got slipped out of my hand.

Finally gathering some courage and with my shaky hands, I opened the message and read it.

[Heard that you asked for
sometime. What's the need of it
when you are anyways going to
say 'yes' but you know what,
you should at least protest a little.
Because it's not at all interesting
to play such a bland game.

-Ikshith]

I bit on to my quivering lips and was about to put the phone back into my bag but again it was pinged with a message and it was also from him.