chapter 15

Unedited

Unedited.

Target: 150 votes.

Getting married to the person I was scared of, was itself a difficult task, to begin with, but now in addition to that, I had to get married in the presence of the man I always dreamt of.

How cruel my fate could get!!

My heart was turning cold at each passing moment and I wasn't myself. I didn't even respond actively to all the wedding rituals that happened till now. I was just like a doll, was doing everything that I was asked to do without putting any protests.

Even in this plight of mine, I was still yearning for his presence but my eyes couldn't find him anywhere as if he was purposefully avoiding all the events.

'Does he really hate my family that much? If yes, what's the reason?'

This was the only possibility I could come up with whenever I had thought of him and I didn't know why but I was feeling so restless since the start of this day. Maybe I was feeling like this because today was the day of the marriage.

And Ikshith was not making my job any easier. He would give me sudden visits even if it was midnight. He would taunt me and he would make me feel like useless trash but still, whenever I looked into his eyes, I could still see the glimpses of my best friend, hiding beneath the layers of his facade.

Though I wanted to unveil all the mysteries surrounding me now I wasn't in a position to pay heed to them. Now my main concern was this marriage. I never thought of the consequences of saying 'yes' to this marriage but now when I was thinking about it, I felt so stupid to take such a bold step.

Now even Indra got dragged into this mess because Ikshith knew about my feelings for him and my Lakshman uncle would look at Indra as a competitor for his son. I knew he could anything for the sake of property and wealth.

So I just hope that Indra along with Sudha Atthayya would leave this place as soon as possible. I just couldn't risk their lives after dragging them along with me.

I put a halt to my myriad of thoughts when I sensed the presence of my girls in my room.

"Girl, why are you acting so weirdly? Looking at you being so uninterested in everything, we started to suspect that you weren't interested in this marriage!" Daksha exclaimed while eyeing the blank look on my face.

"It's not like that. I am just feeling so tired because of all the rituals." I gave an excuse and went to sit on my bed to avoid their scrutinizing gazes.

"And do we have to believe that?" Rishu asked with a frown as I just kept mum.

"Akka, please say something. We all are getting worried about you."

As I still hadn't spoken any word, Aaru groaned in frustration and marched towards me.

"I will take this silence as 'yes' and will assume that you aren't interested in this marriage. Then pray tell me, why the hell did you agree to marry him in the first place?"