Chapter 6

I woke up with the sun shining down on me, and when I rolled over I realized I was not alone, nor in my own bed. I reached over and checked my phone; it was six am, which gave me enough time to get back to my dorm, shower and prepare for the day. I got up quietly, trying not to wake up Sawyer. I switched out of the pjs that he had given me and put my clothes on. I was thinking about leaving a note when his voice interrupted me.

"Leaving already? Don't you want to stay for breakfast?" I turned to see him lying on the bed watching me, a lazy smile playing across his lips.

"It's not you, it's me." I said with false sincerity. "You see, I have class at nine in the morning, and I have to get home and change. My instructor wouldn't be too happy if I were late." He got up, pulling me into him.

"I'm sure your instructor wouldn't mind too much."

"You see, the problem is that he's old, and you know how old people can get. They're very set in their ways." I pulled away from him, smiling as sweetly as I possibly could.

"Fine, but you're missing out. I cook a mean breakfast." He said, throwing his hands up in the air.  I rolled my eyes, opening the door.

"See you later master chef." I heard him laughing as I left, and decided I could get used to mornings with him. I walked back to my dorm surprisingly fast, enjoying my time alone immensely. A light fog had rolled in by the lake, and I took some time to skip some rocks before heading in. This place was so beautiful, and I still hadn't even been in the city yet. Dawn was my favourite part of the day, and I was reluctant to head inside, but Eliza was probably wondering where I had gone.

I walked into the common room on our floor, and was greeted by a certain someone sitting eating froot-loops at the table.

"What up Blondie? Want breakfast?" He shook the cereal box at me and grinned.

"Nope. I'm good. I'm just gunna head to my room, shower, you know, do stuff. I'll see you in a few hours." He poured himself more cereal as I walked passed him, heading to my room.

I walked in and saw Eliza sitting at her mirror, doing her makeup. She saw me enter through her mirror and she flashed her pearly whites at me.

"So where exactly did you end up last night missy? Jaspers?"

"Not exactly. I maybe kind of ended up staying at Sawyers?" I tried to sound casual and nonchalant about it, but as she made eye contact with me I lost it and grinned. When she finished her makeup she told me to sit, and as she did my hair I told her about everything. The kiss with Jasper, the training stuff, the weird run in with Acacia, and my kisses with Sawyer. I let out a sigh of relief at the end of it all, so happy I had someone to talk to about it.

"So, did you and Sawyer, you know, really get to know each other?"

"Did you and Jamie?" I countered. She pursed her lips and narrowed her eyes, putting her hands on her hips.

"He was out there eating cereal, wasn't he?" I nodded and she sighed. "No, we did not. I am a lady, I do not do that on the first date," She paused, biting her lip, "and also I want to make sure my first time is with the right person." She blurted the rest out, giving me a cute little smile.

"Well, if you must know, no, we didn't sleep together. But I have before, with this guy from my old town. I think that waiting is a good idea. Do you think maybe Jamie might be the right person?"

"I don't know! Maybe?" She smiled, running her hands through her already perfectly straightened hair.

We talked more about it as we ate breakfast, and then I headed to the gym. It was a little early, but I wanted to get some cardio in. The guys were a lot fitter than I was, and I wanted to be able to hold my own. I was hoping to have the gym to myself, but it appeared I wasn't the only one who wanted to get some extra gym time in.