Chapter 4

“My stella, my stella. My beautiful nova stella.” He was speaking Latin, calling me to him. His voice was warm and inviting, a deep happy timbre, and it instantly eased me.

I was in a forest, at dawn. The golden rays of sun shone lightly through the tall trees, and when I stepped into their patches of light, my body grew warm. I moved through the trees, not knowing where I was, but knowing where I had to go. I had to find him, see him.

The closer I got to his voice, the brighter the sun shone. I danced through the trees, not following a specific path. The moss was so soft under my bare feet, my dress flowing with my movement.

“My stella, you found me. I knew you would.” I stopped in my tracks, grasping a tree. Below me was a valley, I stood at the top of a hill. He was there, not facing me, surrounded completely in light, beside a massive willow tree. I walked down slowly, taking in everything I could. The sun made everything look like it was coated in a light gold dust, but it was subdued, as if the light was drawn specifically to him. He stood tall and strong, golden hair, ruffled and messy. He had his hand on the willow, and as I drew near I could see his body relax.

“My stella I knew you would find me. I have been waiting years for this, for you.”

I stepped cautiously towards him, until I was beside the tree with him. His head was down, his hair covering his face.

“Who are you? How do I know you?”  I placed my hand on top of his, and my body felt light. Warmth rushed through me, and my body felt as if honey were running through my veins. He didn't look at me when he spoke, and I wanted to see his face more than anything.

“I am your light, stella. I am your warmth. You know me only in your soul, but you will see me soon.” He bent and kissed my hand that was on top of his, and his lips were so incredibly soft.

“Wait!” I shouted as he walked away, “What’s your name?” He slowly started to turn around, but before he could say anything, he disappeared.

“Wake up silly! You totally slept through the alarm. Were you having a good dream?” Eliza was standing over me, her big blue eyes glimmering.

“Yeah, I guess so. It was an interesting dream for sure.” I proceeded to tell her everything in detail as we were getting ready. I didn't bring anything other than the few clothes I had packed, but Eliza had me more than covered. I was looking through her piles of makeup when I decided on mascara and some tinted moisturizer.

“Oh the things I could do with your face!” She hovered over me, fussing about my hair. “Your cheekbones are heavenly and your big green doe eyes…I can’t wait to see what you look like all done up, but for now, this will have to do. Warrior training is not easy, and your makeup would just come off. There!” She pointed in the mirror. “I did a fishtail braid because it’s still cute, but practical. You know?” I looked between her and me. My hair in a braid reached just above my bellybutton. I actually really liked the way it looked. I decided I would have to get her to teach me how to do one, because anything that could keep my hair held in one place was a gift from God. Her short sleek bob was straightened to perfection, her makeup applied in the same manner. She grinned in the mirror at me.

“Well are you ready for your first day?” She didn't give me a chance to answer as she grabbed my arm and we moved to the door. I couldn't help but feel nervous and a little excited. This was all new territory for me, and I loved challenges. She led me out of the building and to one that was adjacent to ours. It was a little of a walk, but it was beautiful outside, so I didn't mind. As we were walking I remembered everything that happened last night with Jasper. After classes were done I was going to have to find him and talk to him.