2. The Waterfall

Joe was practically running, no matter what he says.

Alice was trying to keep beside him, but her height phobia was creeping upon her. Sam walked beside her helping her when needed.

Well, the trio were walking up the stairs beside the Nagarjun dam on a school trip, One of India's most famous tourist spot. For some reason, the trio's stepfathers had allowed them on this trip in (common) a very strange manner.

"It may be a coincidence, but it isn't. Looks like even your school knows where the first level of Atlantis is located!"

It was the first time the stepfathers had allowed the trio for a school trip. Joe obviously wanted to enjoy the open sky. He was badly claustrophobic and loved the free water and the rivers, though he was still sad about the fact that his sister Alice wasn't going to let him even near the water.

Sam knew quite well how Joe would be feeling. He was the best swimmer in the school and loved surfing on huge wave and swimming. There was just no swimmer like him. His first stroke is almost enough for him to beat any swimmer.

But Sam was not just fine, but he was glad. Joe and Alice were the best friends of his, and he was glad that he got to spend time with them. Though Alice was screaming at Joe for almost half the time, he enjoyed trekking with her. The best thing- He was alone with Joe and Alice, just because no one in the whole school had that much courage to go up.

Alice meanwhile was keeping each step quite cautiously, and her height phobia was also creeping on her. She didn't dare to look down, but she had quite an idea of the height. According to her mathematics skills, she was higher than she should be. At this place, if she would fall, then even Joe won't be able to save her. Anyway, it wouldn't have mattered, because he was way too up. She never wanted to come up, but Sam and Joe left her no choice.

They were almost on the top when things went wrong. Alice's leg slipped from the wet mud-brick steps and she wasn't able to maintain her balance. Sam caught her hand and helped her to maintain her balance. But Joe jumped 2 steps at a time to help her, but instead of helping her, he caught his sister's hand and fell. She tried to help him up but then she saw below her.

Gallons of water was discharged per second from the dam on spinning mechanical blades. The gushing sound of water reached her ears. The metal rotors seemed like they weren't spinning, but they were rotating at the speed of some thousands of rotations per minute.

The scene was beautiful but not for a height phobic person. She immediately felt sick. Her grip loosened and Joe's wet hands slipped.

Joe fell with the water gushing just beside him. He somersaulted in water to look at his teacher and classmates looking at him with horror. Finally, the full view of the surrounding city was visible, and though only for a second, he remembered it quite well. The river was flowing in front of him and a tiny bridge was visible. Trees lined the sides of the river. At the bridge the flow of water reduced and a lot of foam was collected there.

When his somersault completed, he noticed his leg had stuck to something. He tried to move up, but his leg's pressure resulted in the release of a mysterious green-coloured gas. But he used all his strength and moved up. With all his swimmer's strength, he caught another hole and with all his agility he avoided the gas, which was washed of almost immediately by the spray of water. He clung like a mountain climber and was about to make a super somersault to cross the rotors but he realized something.

The gas.

He applied pressure with his leg and again the gas came up. He let it be washed by the water and then kicked again at the strong rock wall, and a huge hole appeared in front of him. A few rocks almost fell on him, but he was gifted with two of the best abilities: agility and a flexible body. He spun on his toes and jumped in.