Chapter 2

Gwyn's POV

Gwyn opened her eyes, a groan slipping out of her as she realized she was late to training with Emerie again. Nesta and Cassian had been busy with their own 'training' these past two days. thought Gwyn, laughing to herself, and had not been able to join them. The shadowsinger, too, seemed to be on a break. Rhysand, however, still brought in Emerie everyday, and Gwyn was glad for the company.

Gwyn jumped out of bed, stretching lazily, and got washed up, changing into the training gear. She put on her blue priestesses' robe on top of it, still conspicuous of the tight pants and shirt, and put on the pretty necklace that Clotho had said was left for her as a gift.

She had no idea whom it had come from, and Emerie and Nesta and had named up quite a few people, all the while giving her suggesting looks which she had pointedly ignored.

Gwyn jogged out of her room at a steady pace and went down two levels of stairs, ending up at the library. She threw a chirpy, "Good morning!" to Clotho, received a shadowed smile in turn, and made her way out of the library. Rhysand had told Clotho to tell the other priestesses who had wanted to train to take a week off. They would all be invited to Nesta and Cassian's mating ceremony at the end of the week, after which the training would continue.

Rhys had given Emerie and Gwyn company for the past two days, and when Emerie had asked him yesterday if he had no better things to do as High Lord, Rhys had burst out laughing and had bowed at the waist saying, "I will always make time for you." Gwyn and Emerie had just started giggling uncontrollably at his cheekiness and their whole training session had gone to waste when she, Rhys and Emerie spent the time bowing to each other dramatically.

Smiling at the memory, Gwyn entered the training room and as soon as she saw the bundle Rhys held in his arms, she started squealing. "Oh Rhysand! You finally brought little Nyxie!" She ran to him, bowed dramatically, and held out her arms for Nyx. Rhys let out a chuckle, carefully handing Nyx to Gwyn, his eyes shining with love.

That was when she noticed her High Lady was there, and she and Emerie were looking her way and laughing with each other. Planting a kiss on the top of Nyx's sleeping head, she looked towards them and narrowed her eyes. "And what are you looking at?" She asked them, handing Nyx back to Rhys, careful of his adorable little wings.

She stomped towards them, and let out a laugh as Feyre bowed to her. She gave the lady an enthusiastic hug after bowing back. Apparently it had become their thing.

"I can't believe you said that to them." Feyre laughed to Rhys. Rhys grinned at her and Emerie and Gwyn glanced at each other, shrugging. They must have been referring to Rhys's reply yesterday.

"So, High Lady." said Emerie, "Wanna show us some of those Illyrian battle moves?"

Pulling her sleeves up, Feyre grinned, "Oh you're so on."

Immediately, two knives appeared in Emerie's hands, and even Gwyn couldn't tell where they came from. Feyre crouched, a stick in her hands, and Gwyn squealed and clapped her hands together as she moved out of the training ring to stand with Rhys, where she kept bouncing on her toes.

"Stand still, Gwyn, I wanna see where this goes." He murmured, the corners of his mouth turned upwards in a smile as he tucked Nyx under his chin and kissed his soft head.

Feyre jumped on her toes, immediately going in for attack, and Emerie went on the defense, protecting herself, matching jab for jab, as she was cornered. Feyre smirked, believing she had the win already. That's when Emerie jumped, distracting Feyre as she lifted her right hand dagger. At the same time she swung her left foot behind Feyre's ankle, twisting them both in such a way that now Feyre was the one that was cornered. Her eyes widened as she faltered at the unexpected move, and Emerie jabbed at her side.

Gwyn laughed delightedly. "Ayeee!" She whooped to Emerie. "You go girl!" Rhys stood there  with a wide grin on his face, his eyes laughing at Feyre as she stood there dumbfounded.

"And that, High Lady, is how a world-famous Valkyrie fights." Emerie beamed at Feyre, backing away.

"You'll be seeing me here more often then." Feyre laughed, though her mouth was still a little open with shock. She had never been defeated this quickly before apparently, especially after the Illyrian training.

Rhys kissed Feyre's cheek as she got off the training ring, and Gwyn took her place with Emerie. They both crouched with blades in their hands, and Gwyn let the battle adrenaline rush in as Emerie smiled maliciously.

"You're going down." Gwyn said to her as they kept on circling each other, looking at each other intently, not daring to blink. They both knew each other's moves and Gwyn knew if she was gonna defeat her she was gonna have to use a new technique.

Gwyn lurched forward and Emerie attacked, but Gwyn jumped back. They both slammed their training knives into each other's, and Gwyn looked down, as if she was going to kick out with her feet, but as Emerie jumped back to defend her legs, Gwyn lunged at Emerie mid-air and they became a whirlwind of clashing knives. From the corner of her eye, Gwyn could see Feyre gaping at them as Rhys laughed out loud at her reaction.

Gwyn fell on top of Emerie and Emerie immediately rolled out from under her, missing Gwyn's blade with inches to spare. Then Emerie was on top of her and Gwyn put her legs around Emerie's ribcage, squeezing, as she flipped them over so Emerie was beneath her, and taking the chance, Gwyn put her hands around Emerie's throat. 

Emerie grinned, "Nice technique."

Gwyn started laughing, wiping the sweat on her forehead. "I win!!" She declared, getting up and brushing her pants.

Breathing heavily, Gwyn high-fived Feyre. "I've had enough training for today." She called out, patting her rumbling stomach. "Care to join me for brunch?"

Just then Nyx opened his eyes and started bawling. Gwyn laughed, "Looks like I'm not the only one who's hungry."

Rhys smiled, rocking Nyx, but looked at everyone grimly a second later. "Somebody call Nesta and Cassian out, too. We need to have a meeting as  Azriel's spies have gathered information. Koschei has raised a human army and he plans to attack Prythian."

Word Count: 1160

Second chapter's here!! We didn't see Az here because this was Gwyn's first point to view we have ever gotten and I wanted to write a chapter to get the hang of her. She's like the definition of sunshine and rainbows lmao. 

Did u guys understand where I took that line from? When Rhys said "I will always make time for you?" Lemme know if u understood! Bowing is their thing now apparently lol.

And guys should I do an Elain POV too? Do tell!

The story's coming along finallyy!! Thank you guys for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment!

-BookAddict79