6. Almost deflowered on the cumbersome cobblestone road

Even before that ,they only visited once,when her mother got sick and her father had no choice but to call them. They paid the medical bills and berated her father so much so that her weak mother said to them 'get out of my house. Healing me was a service to your daughter. Thank you'. They never returned and only wrote for congratulations when she had Tracy . That was six years prior. She sighed looking at the little girls and boy she was teaching how to write and behave. But they had a tutor ,so she was just a baby sitter.

She avoided for over a month now. She stayed in the Valghorts house. She had a pretty bedroom with flower patterned wall paper. The wife hated her ,but she hates all the pretty maids that whys she makes sure they get married. And because her husband is a lecherous pervert.

She walked on the road ,coming from her brother's apartment.  When she was surrounded. Of course there would be low lives targeting pretty missus. 

"Hey pretty girl ". One of the sneered ,with dirty haggard teeth . He licked his lips ,she felt repulsed.

"Come lets enjoy ourselves". They said as she continued to march forward. The house is a mere. Block away. She hastened. They clutched her hand hard ,she screamed ",Where are you going ?". The red haired one asked. "Ow a pretty screamer are ye". Said one of them . She screamed", Let me go ! HELP! SOMEBODY HELP ME!". They leather cream into the quiet street . No one came out to help. No one. She felt despair. Just as she was giving up she was tossed to the side and her attackers stabbed ,while they screamed. Then another 

person  hit their heads they passed out. She felt a gentle hand on her . ",Miss are you okay?". Looking up ,she saw a  pair of blue eyes that she knows all too well. ",Grandfather?". She called . He looked at the young woman carefully. It looked liked his Dariah except the eyes. 

"Lou-Lou". He gasped. Then pulling her up he hugged her. Her tears wet his clothes. Her body was wrecked with sobs. The lady in the carriage seeing her husband hugging someone got  off and approached them.  ",Grand pa". Louisa cried ",I wa-as so scared. " 

Hearing that the lady paused. Looking at her husband ",It's okay Louisa."he comforted. When she heard the name. She gasped. Of course she knew Louisa ,her first granddaughter of her only daughter.

"Lou-Lou". She gasped. Hearing someone call her she raised her head. Seeing her grandmother ,she ran to her embrace. Though her mother's parents were not pleased with their daughter's choice of husband mor that she was already pregnant ,they still loved their grand kids.

"Grandma". She cried on her bosom. Emily ,felt pain in her heart. It is at night and three man wanted to take advantage of her grandchild. Then she asked ",What are you doing on the road alone? Why are you here ?". She asked worriedly. "You should have come to my house all along".she looked at the beautiful girl who resembled her daughter too much .

The girl showed remorse ".I am sorry. I was afraid to be bothersome . I thought you no longer wanted us". She looked down. Her curly brown hair making her look like a vixen,plus she spend  a lot of time in doors nice he got to trinket town she was now a stella beauty . A woman in her prime. 

Emily felt regret,for how she treated her Dariah. Her son in law though poor and only came from a back ground of carpenters he  was loyal and capable and hen pecked and soft spoken ,unlike most man she knew who came from high class.  

"Don't be silly. Come lets go home". She said. Louisa said ",But I am working as a governor at the Valghorts ". She said.

Emily frowned ".The Valghorts. No . If you seek marriage you should stick with me".she said.

Louisa said nervously ",Actually grandmother ,me working ,I want to help my parents. It has been a bit tough lately. We feared that we would not even make it through the winter. So my working is to send some money back home". She looked down.

They grew extra sad. But looking at her ,she was dressed in a modern new dress. And a new coat . Seeing their look she added ",My sister's dowry is the one that helped us pull through".

They rose their brow. Dowry ,Louisa was the eldest of the daughters. Then Emily said ",You mean Devin got married?". 

Louisa blushed ",No. Molly did". They froze. Molly ,she was just nine years old last time they met. She is still a child. Emily's eyes grew horrified ",They sold her?". Emily gasped. Was it that bad,to sell ones children.she knew Dariah she'd rather crawl to them than sell her children.

Hearing this ,looking around the empty street Johan said ".Lets go to the house so we can discuss further ." Emily nodded ",I'll let someone inform the Valghorts that you won't be working there anymore. I won't take no for an answer. Sunny will collect your belongings ". She said pulling her to the carriage. 

Reaching their house,sitted in a warm room with a cup of tea she told them what happened.Reaching their house,sitted in a warm room with a cup of tea she told them what happened.

",The farm went under debt,and we aren't producing enough to sell as is. Mother tried keeping everything together ,but dad is not so strong he cracked under the pressure. He felt like a failure. He kept on apologizing to mom ,for all her hardships. Then he went out with Molly ,and the poor sod only drank two cups ,before he was completely out of it. He told all his troubles to a stranger who too pity on him and decided to take him home the stranger met Molly. The stranger fell head over heels for Molly and decided to take advantage of the sad Mr king . A week later ,I just heard that Molly is to be married in a week on a Saturday to a stranger who requested a private wedding reception. He paid mom and dad a hefty sum. Though they accepted the money ,I'd often hear mom and dad cry themselves to sleep. Those two . Dad was rethinking it many times. He wanted to sell himself. He wanted to return the money. Just that one look at the rest of his children shuttered his soul conscience. Molly married the stranger 23 year old Joel Strauss. He is a very handsome man of Asian origins. Very successful too. Oxford university graduate in liberal arts and literature and English culture . And he is the epitome of male etiquette. Mom was pleased. The other condition I heard from dad was that ,they were to stay in our village. The man agreed. He bought a house . He bought clothes and gifts. The following day they came to church ,mom and dad were very happy. Since then ,they noticed that Molly was actually very happy . Joel spoils her rotten ,I know cause mom about loses her life each time Molly defies her and her husband backs her up ,to him nothing Molly does is wrong,whether her horrid table manners he calls adorable. To her shouting screaming and running around. He would always say 'mother in law let her be, i will take responsibility if she breaks something.He also got me a job here and Devin a job as a bank clerk. He is a nice guy. Although I am happy for my sister ,I couldn't continue staying there. In addition to needing money,the villagers all judge me for being a spinster. I don't want it to sow discord between me and my sister. So I left to make a better life for myself. My salary is good too." She looked determined. "Why did you never marry. I am certain Dariah had once arranged for you?",Emily asked.

Louisa looked down . She was twelve when she last visited her grandparent's when she met him the fifteen year old Sir Cincaid. He was handsome and captivating. He was a knight at the capital. Her parents would never agree . He disappeared without a trace. Never to see him again. She was in love . But she cannot tell anyone about it. Her pained face hurt her grandparents all the more.

"Ow dear, what happened?". Emily asked. Louisa shook her head smiling bitterly ",My parents will never agree".

Emily smirked ",I never agreed yet your parents got hitched either ways." Louisa laughed ",Maybe, but I am not that strong or willful. Molly seemed like a person who'd do such a thing. Besides ,I don't know where he is ,whether dead or alive ,he never sought me out. Why should I bother". She shrugged. Emily patted her shoulder ",I am sure he remembers ,what is he?". She asked.

Louisa scoffed gently ",Ow granny ,how I wish he wasn't a knight, or a sir".

"A knight". Johan rose his brows . That is a title far above her current rank. Even their title as local land lord and land lady would not suffice.

Louisa seeing that lost all hope", See ,I told you it was no use." she said gently ,when they heard a commotion .

Authors note

vote 

comment

share

love 

aurriccah