complete book

THIS IS THE COMPLETED BOOK FOR THOSE WHO DONT LIKE PAGERS. 

The mail ordered bride

Part 1

By Mbali Moreki

She sat in an an unhurried manner looking at her parents. Seeing their grave faces ,her previously relaxed manner77)iuq$ started to dim.

",What is it?". She asked ,seeing as she was the only one of her siblings called back from farming. In fact the entire week her mother has made her retire earlier than the others . The couple looked at each other in dismay as if they could read each other's soul their eyes remained sad. The man biting a bit of dragon liver said ",Dear you must've seen that our farm is not doing as well and our animals are dying ,our stock is not being able to sell on time,in fact we are in danger of winter itself."he started . She nodded she knew all this.

", Well ,a kind gentlemen gave us a sum of money to pay of the rest of the rent ,and for the running of the farm,he even got your elder brother Devin a job in town as a clerk and your sister a maid post in a prominent house . " he said at last with a smile. She smiled happily as well ", That is wonderful papa ! Then we won't have to sell the animals and Old Willy? ". Her mother smiled tearfully ", Yes ,Ou'd WIlly will stay but not you sweetly".

",Why not?". She frowned. Then seeing their embarrassed gazes and then thinking about the money they had just received. Her blue eyes withheld tears. Her gaze sharp with accusation ",The farm..the rent...the new clothes...of course it all makes sense now." standing up and putting her hands on the table she said softly", You sold me". Her parents hearts shattered. "No honey ,it's not like that. He requested marriage and in exchange gave us dowry in the form of money". Her mother said urgently and her father agreed nodding sharply.

",If he wanted an exchange with a daughter. Why not Louisa,she is well passed marriageable age. I am barely passed fifteen!". She snapped. Her father glared standing ",You should never wish such upon anyone ,especially your own sister-",he was cut off .

" I am your daughter also!". She screamed. She has never fought this long with her father since she was born.

", He demanded you specifically . We also mentioned Lou, but he wanted you. Molly. And he wouldn't help us Otherwise. Winter is coming. We had to think for the survival of the entire family,you have two elder siblings and four younger ones. They now have a fighting chance in life and you also get a chance to marry a rich man". He argued.

Her bows knit together. Her lips pursed and her cheeks having flushed with anger. Her face still chubby with baby fat ,and her body still under development ,she didn't as yet had full curves or a bustling bosom. Just a slim person with the face of a chubby cute child with angelic features. Her long blonde hair having being being braided into a fish tail and her faded blue dress made her a vision . Right then they understood why he wanted her before she could fully grow . She will be a stellar beauty then.

She said with a tilted nose", When is this wedding and to whom am I being wed". She was looking away from them.

But they felt slight relief. She has always been an obedient child.",His name is Joel Strauss. He is coming tomorrow to take you ,the reverent will look over the service." he said. She nodded then ". ,Excuse me". She marched away to her room. Reaching her bed ,she fell face first and cried and cried. Her mother hearing her cries ,felt her heart ache.",Let her come to terms with it. Either way ,her marriageable age is next year. Which one of those blokes do you think is worthy of her?". He questioned. She cried shaking her head ", My baby".

The man felt heart broken. What kind of a father uses his daughter for money? The type who wants to save his family from starvation. It is the toughest decision yet. He opulent go and trouble his parents again or her parents. He has to be his own man,but feelings of depreciation showed on his face. His wife knew ,he was feeling worse. Clearing her tears ,she kissed his cheek. " I will go and sew her a silk night gown and mend her wedding dress. And prepare her furniture . She walked away sniffling after his nod.