37

"You good?" I murmur.

"I'm hot," Ciel complains, fanning himself with a frown.

"You are, but I meant, are you tired? Hungry?"

He dozed off in the car on our way here and he's still dazed and sleepy, almost catatonic.

"I'm fine..." He goes to lower himself down.

"Don't sit directly on the sand, Ciel. Here, hang on." I set his blanket down and Ciel sits cross-legged on it, looking cute as ever with his eyes panning blearily around his surroundings. He always looks so in awe of the world around him, especially when he just woke up.

When I pick him up, put him in my lap and start nuzzling him, he doesn't even put up his usual stoooop fight. He's perfectly complacent with a tiny smile, leaning his head sleepily against my bare chest.

"I can hear your heart beating," he murmurs.

I lift him in my arms and nuzzle my stubbled face in his neck, making him squeal shrilly and arc tight as a bow.

Then I hoist the boy on my hip and carry him to the water. He dips his toe in to test the temperature, one hand pressed gently against my bare chest.

As soon as he's in, Ciel becomes more alert. He wastes no time splashing me.

Then he just floats around like an inflatable tube. When he drifts into arm's reach, I tug on his ankles and spin him around and around in a circle. He treads water for a bit before clambering onto my back.

"Hold on to me." Ciel grips on for dear life, clawing at my chest and ripping a hair or two out.

I lower myself so he can sit on my shoulders, legs wrapped around my neck. He laughs, exhilarated, as I buck and throw him off. He likes to be dunked and thrown around in the water, making massive waves and splashes.

Ciel moves around me in a circle.

"I am the biggest shark you have ever seen," he glowers playfully.

"Haha, yes you are, babe."

Closing my eyes, I soak in the crashing tide and ocean breeze.

I bob along the surface for a bit before standing up, spitting water and raking my hand through my hair. I notice Ciel watching, so I make a show of flexing my arms and skating my fingers over my washboard abs.

Ciel's face is red, his breath ragged. His hand slips down to his chest as though staying his heart, before falling lower, between his legs.

"Come here," I beckon when Ciel whimpers, face crumpled like he's in pain.

I draw him close, lowering my nose until it's bumping his.

"It hurts..."

"I know. It's okay." I nose into his neck, kissing his jaw and thumbing his nape. He buries his face in my shoulder, gasping. Fisting my hand in his curls, I turn him so he's facing away from the beach. "Good boy," I praise when he shudders his release. The water washes away the evidence.

Eyes watering from the pleasure, Ciel looks up at me.

"Is it gonna happen to you too?"

"Yeah, you go ahead. I've gotta take care of my own problem now." A slow smile spreads over his face and Ciel grins.

"I turn you on..?"

"You turn me on."

Ciel scowls, "you must have really low standards."