8. Training and oddities

· · ─────── · 1:30 A.M.· ─────── · ·

NEZU'S OFFICE.

(y/n) fell asleep somewhere in Venom's story. It's not like it was her first time hearing about it, so her tiredness took the best of her, and she asked to wake her up if needed. They didn't say anything as the girl drifted away in her sleep.

So far, Venom's told them about his first encounters with earth (which wasn't this earth but another one far away). He also spoke about the many, many hosts he had, villains and heroes alike, and how he always came back to a man named Eddie. The heroes, except for Nezu (he was too excited to fill his mind with all this mindblowing information), had a headache. There were many worlds existing -many Earths?- ah, they decided not to dwell too deep in that matter it was too much.

"So after the death of your most precious host and nearly falling again into bloodlust you decided to go back to your original planet and cleanse yourself (again) from all the madness. Then, you roamed in the universe hoping on living organisms that were not human or had a consciousness of their own, such as animals, insects, and so on?"

Venom nodded, "Yes. Then I landed on this earth many centuries ago. Did not know why, but something kept me here, and I roamed this earth in different forms. No more humans though, that was dangerous."

It was weird -how did they get used to a floating alien head with snarling teeth that talked? Aizawa, honestly, didn't know what to think of anything at this point. Hell, he was talking with an alien head.

"Interesting... can you elaborate a bit more on that feeling that made you stay here?" Nezu asked

"Eddie. That host, he was good but torn. Very special host. Uncomparable host. No, not host, he was my partner. Very important to me. Flash was also important, but different, not Eddie."

Venom's eyes saddened for a second.

"By the end, he mourned how much wrong we did -even when we tried to do good- and he hoped we could do well next time. So we made a promise. I promised to find the perfect host that could have the perfect conditions for us to redeem ourselves through a good heart and soul."

All Might scratched his chin as he spoke, "So that's why you didn't pick any more human hosts after Eddie's death?"

Venom nodded, and Aizawa frowned, "Why did you stick with (y/n) then?"

Venom looked down at the sleeping girl with a glimpse of deep affection, then turned to the heroes, "She's the perfect one, but don't misinterpret me she's broken, really broken. She's been through so much I always hated how long I took to help her. I watched her since she was little. Seen everything she's been through and, the thing is, her heart is not corrupt. Even when she had to pass days with needles draining her blood, taking samples, doing many horrible things, she would always come back with a smile and talk to me. Sometimes she cried, but there was no hate. She has a very tough spirit, a strong will to fight but remains loving. She's good, despite the horror she'd seen and the constant war in her mind. That's why she was the perfect one."

All Might nodded, a bittersweet feeling in his expression. He knew this girl had a good heart but listening to the extent of it made him sad and happy, "Then, how long have you been with her?"

"Without a bond, since she was a kid. Later she noticed me when she was being taken away to the labs, and I followed her then. Then, bonded and helped her escape... Think it's something around 6 or 7 years since the bond was made? Dunno."