9. Ties

"How can you even lift that!" (y/n) panted, holding the bar in place as she eyed the redhead on her side. Kirishima was calmly adding more weights on his bars and (y/n) was annoyed... just a little bit.

"How does the bar have space for more weight anyways!"

Kirishima laughed, adding more weight to (y/n)'s bar in response. The girl groaned, a murderous look in her eyes while the boy lifted his thumbs up in support, "Come on, you can do this! You single-handed Nomu back then!"

"Yeah but I was using V- my quirk" She groaned and Kirishima tilted his head.

"So you're not using the force of your quirk right now? Why?" He asked genuinely intrigued while lifting his weights by the side of the girl.

(y/n) sighed, pushing the bar on her chest then lifting it in a repetitive set of movements, "I want to get stronger on my own without using my- quirk, that way even if... even if something doesn't go as planned and I can't use it, I'll still be able to fight." She sighed, doing the last set of repetitions and placing the bar back again on the equipment.

A drop of sweat traveled on her forehead as she sat down facing her arms. The big scar that decorated half of her arm was glimmering in sweat.

"I don't want to feel weak ever again."

Kirishima looked at her as he smoothly dropped the weights on the mat and smiled warmly at her, "You are not weak, you're one of the strongest persons I've known." He took a little white towel, cleaning his neck and face as he looked at her.

"I mean, am I?" She asked in return looking directly at him and Kirishima nodded, walking towards her. 

She just shook her head, "I broke down as soon as I saw the city, how's that being strong?"

"Well, I'm pretty sure you had a good reason for that and I also saw you recover instantly. It takes a lot of strength to manage your emotions like that, you know?" He smiled lazily as the other just stared at him and chuckled.

"Ah, you aren't asking why though?"

He shook his head, "You'll let me know if you ever want to, whenever you feel like it." He said instead, sitting down by her side, "Also, when I first saw you you were covered in blood, exhausted but you fought by the side of All Might and defeated Nomu, and now you're training hard towards your goals, that takes a strong spirit and will."

"Well, that's an interesting point of view huh." She murmured instead while Kirishima stared at the visible scars in her body carefully, respectfully. 

Howcome can you bear all those scars and feel you're not strong enough?

"I know that feeling too... of not being able to act, of feeling weak or afraid, but you're manly, you're brave and strong physically, mentally and emotionally... and please (y/n), whenever you feel weak remember is the strongest who ask for help when in need." He paused and smiled warmly again, trying to find her distant gaze.

"And you've got me, for whenever you need it. That's what friends are for, aren't they?"

(y/n) looked at those crimson eyes as she let the words sunk in.

"It's the strongest who ask for help when in need,"

She smiled a bit, a little chuckle escaping her lips as she shook her head and massaged her hands, tracing her scar with her fingertips.

"Well, in that I guess you're right shark fangs."

Kirishima crouched down in front of her and handed her a bottle of water, "Now, how about we continue training somewhere else? We can go to the sparring grounds."