Chapter 54 (Year 6)

River's POV

"Are you sure you can do it?" Draco asked, holding the package close to himself. We stood in the room of requirements before I had to meet Harry and the others for our trip to Hogsmeade. I signed, rolling my eyes. We had been fighting about this package for the last fifteen minutes.

"Yes, I can do it! Just hand it over Draco," I said, for what felt like the tenth time.

"Maybe I should do it, I'm the one that has to kill Dumbledore anyway," he said, I shook my head.

"Draco, you have detention with Professor McGonagall," I said. He pursed his lips, annoyed.

"But if you open the, even by accident-"

"I'll die, I understand," I said, cutting him off. Draco scowled, still looking unconvinced his hands shaking as he tried to hand me the package again but hesitated still.

"Maybe-"

"Draco!" 

"Fine!" He hissed, carefully handing me the package. I hid the package in my bag before heading out of the room of requirements.

---

"And then there was another flash of light and I landed on the bed again!" Weasley said as we waited for our turn into Hogsmeade.

I don't need anything funny; I need actual information.

I thought as I pretended to giggle. Granger scowled,

"Was this spell, by any chance, another one from that potion book of yours?"

"What book?" 

I looked between the three, trying to figure out what the three were arguing about. The boys getting defensive as Granger shook her head.

"It was a laugh! Just a laugh, Hermione, that's all!" Weasley said, trying to calm her down.

"Dangling people upside down by the ankle? Who puts their time and energy into making up spells like that?" Granger rolled her eyes.

"Fred and George did, and er- " Weasley said, trying to think of other people.

"Our dad," Potter said,

"What?" The three of us said, confused.

"Er-Lupin told me." He said, rubbing his neck awkwardly.

"Maybe your dad did use it, Harry, but he's not the only one. We've seen a whole bunch of people use it; in case you've forgotten. Dangling people in the air. Making them float along, asleep, helpless." I Pursed my lips and looked away. They were talking about death eaters and didn't know that they were standing and joking around with one right now.

"That was different," Weasley said sternly.

"They were abusing it. Harry and his dad were just having a laugh. You don't like the Prince, Hermione, because he's better than you at Potions —" Weasley said. I stifled a giggle as Granger glared at Weasley.

"It's got nothing to do with that! I just think it's very irresponsible to start performing spells when you don't even know what they're for and stop talking about 'the Prince' as if it's his title, I bet it's just a stupid nickname, and it doesn't seem as though he was a very nice person to me!"

"I don't see where you get that from. If he'd been a budding Death Eater, he wouldn't have been boasting about being 'half-blood,' would he?"

"The Death Eaters can't all be pure-blood, there aren't enough pure-blood wizards left, I expect most of them are half-bloods pretending to be pure. It's only Muggleborns they hate, they'd be quite happy to let you and Ron join up." I cleared my throat nervously. I didn't like the way this conversation was going.