Chapter 68

River's POV

It had been months now of Voldemort's ruling, he and forced us inside and didn't let Draco and I go to Hogwarts, anymore. Daphne, Theo, Pansy, and Blaise had all sent us daily updates, saying they missed us and hated school now.

"What is this?" Lucius asked, as a group of snatchers and Cissy walked over to where Lucius, Draco and I were sitting by the fireplace.

"They say they've got Potter," Cissy said,

"Draco, River come here!" Chills went through my body as I looked down at ugly figures. We both knew this was Harry.

"Well?" Greybeck asked after a minute of us studying his face.

"Well, kids?" Lucius asked after we did not answer.

"Is it? Is it Harry Potter?"

"I can't—I can't be sure," Draco answered,

"But look at him carefully, look! Come closer!" Lucius yelled excitedly .

"Draco, River, if we are the ones who hand Potter over to the Dark Lord, everything will be forgiv—"

"Now, we won't be forgetting who actually caught him. I hope Mr. Malfoy?" Greybeck interrupted.

"Of course not, of course not!" Lucius walked closer to Harry, studying him.

"What did you do to him? How did he get into this state?"

"That wasn't us."

"Looks more like a Stinging Jinx to me,"

"There's something there, it could be the scar, stretched tight.... Draco, River, come here, look properly! What do you think?" We walked closer now, seeing the trio's messed up faces.

"I don't know," I answered,

"We had better be certain, Lucius, Completely sure that it is Potter, before we summon the Dark Lord ... They say this is his but it does not resemble Ollivander's description.... If we are mistaken, if we call the Dark Lord here for nothing ... Remember what he did to Rowle and Dolohov?" Cissy told her husband,

"What about the Mudblood, then?" Greybeck yelled as the other snatchers forced Hermione to come into view.

"Wait, Yes—yes, she was in Madam Malkin's with Potter! I saw her picture in the Prophet! Look, kids, isn't it the Granger girl?"

"I ... maybe ... yeah." Draco answered. We both turned away from the prisoner's. I couldn't stand looking at them or lying to the Malfoys.

""But then, that's the Weasley boy! It's them, Potter's friends—Draco, look at him, isn't it Arthur Weasley's son, what's his name—?"

"Yeah, it could be," I answered for him.

"What is this? What's happened, Cissy?" We heard Bellatrix ask,

"But surely, this is the Mudblood girl? This is Granger?" She asked,

"Yes, yes, it's Granger! And beside her, we think, Potter! Potter and his friends, caught at last!"

"Potter? Are you sure? Well then, the Dark Lord must be informed at once!" Draco gripped on my sleeve as we stared at the fireplace.

"I was about to call him! I shall summon him, Bella. Potter has been brought to my house, and it is therefore upon my authority—"

"Your authority! You lost your authority when you lost your wand, Lucius! How dare you! Take your hands off me!"

"This is nothing to do with you, you did not capture the boy—"