INTRODUCTORY NOTES

Thank you for checking out The Last Handful of Clover: An epic supernatural thriller of love, loss, regret, and redemption, set in Salt Lake City, and featuring a gay protagonist.

ABOUT THE NOVEL:

The Last Handful of Clover is an epic story, told in three volumes, clocking in at over 516,000 words and 207 chapters (plus nine poem fragments).

The main action of the novel is set in Salt Lake City, Utah. And although the story unfolds in the reader's contemporary time, the book is also rich with historical context and backstory that trace the origins of several key characters. These early scenes take place in May of 1810 (in the wilderness of Montana), September of 1847 (in the western Utah desert), the summer of 1857 (in Wyoming, early Salt Lake City, and in the Utah desert near what eventually becomes the town of Scipio), and scattered moments in both the 20th and 21st centuries.

Each of the three books is made up of between sixty and eighty-five short chapters:

Book 1 — The Hereafter
Book 2 — Gifts Both Light and Dark
Book 3 — The Stone in the Stream

In addition to regular narrative chapters, the novel includes poem fragments and journal entries written in the voice of Keith Woo (one of the primary characters). The convention in the novel is that these are "found writings," discovered, collected, and published some years after the events of the story have concluded.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

If you're interested in getting early access to the book, the chapters will be released one month ahead of the Wattpad schedule through Patreon:

http://patreon.com/wessmongojolley

For less than the cost of a cup of coffee each month, you can read the novel and support the novelist!

If you're interested in learning about the story, read about it on my website:

http://wessmongojolley.com/fiction

There you'll find sample chapters (in both text and audio formats) as well as a character roster, maps of the world, and other interesting background materials.

This book began posting chapters on June 15, 2021, and is now complete. New chapters will be posted in Book Two (a separate listing here on Wattpad) every Tuesday and Friday.

AUDIO CHAPTERS (read by the author) are always available in the header of each chapter. Feel free to listen, read, or both.

If you enjoy this story, please consider giving it a vote. Comments are also greatly appreciated!

Happy reading!

—Wess Mongo Jolley