Chapter 47

I look at Enzo confused as Nic and I go to sit down. "What do you mean you made peace with them? I highly doubt they would make peace with you without something in return."

"Well, you're right. I did offer him something: help." What?

"Help?" Matteo says.

"Yes, we built some sort of alliance. If either ever needs supplies or people for whatever, then we would provide that for each other." Enzo said.

Nic says, "That still doesn't sound right. Did you give them the land too? Or something else?"

"We compromised with the land. Before anyone interrupts, I'm about to explain. It means that we still own it, however they are free to use it as long as consulting with us first."

"Why would you do that? You were so opposed to even allow them to step foot on it. That was the very reason for the entire argument at the warehouse." I say, still confused.

"Because of you, Bambina. You would never be able to have a proper relationship with Cole if our gangs were still rivals and I saw how upset you were. Also, you would have been in severe danger. I would make a horrible compromise any day if it meant you were happy and at least as safe as you could be."

"But you said that the land gives them more power and even though they don't own it, they still have the power to take it from you. And what are you talking about? Cole would still be betrothed to Val." I worried.

"Cole is a free man; I got him out of the whole thing. Liliana, do not worry about this right now. Let's just take the win." Enzo says.

"Wait, I have one more question. How did you essentially get them to compromise and get Cole out of the deal? They are the type of people where they wouldn't settle for half, even with the whole sort of alliance."

"Your right. I threatened him." He says bluntly, causing me choke on air. Shit

Once I stopped coughing, with the help of Matteo patting my back, Savio jumps in to explain. "While you were asleep, I conducted some research on him and found incriminating evidence."

"Well, everything you do is incriminating. It's the mafia." I say, interrupting him.

"Yes, but we also make sure there is no trails left behind. He, however, made the mistake and didn't cover up his tracks once, leading me to find out that he was running an illegal drug operation, both here and in the United States. Not only that, but countless of individuals have also died due to operation. There was enough evidence to put him into jail for at least fifteen years."

"Damn." Luca says in awe, causing all of us to laugh.

"So, what happened with Cole?" Enzo asked.

"Well, it didn't go too bad. I explained everything and we were able to talked things out."

Matteo says, "And by everything, you mean?"

"I mean everything. He now knows about my past and you guys. I must have done something right for him to want to still be with me."

"I'm glad you were able to work things out." Enzo says, to which I respond with, "Me too."

"Hey, I saw a sign at the coffee shop about a poetry slam. I know you like writing, but have you ever performed?" Nic asked out of nowhere.

"I wrote one to perform but have yet to get up on stage." I admit.

"Well, perform it for us. We would love to hear it." Savio says excitedly.

I immediately shot down the idea. "How about no. It's much easier to perform in front of strangers than people I actually know."

Fabiano starts pleading. "Please...please...please...please."

"Alright!" I said, starting to get annoyed. Going upstairs, I grab the paper hiding in my book with the poem in it. I take my time going down the stairs until I'm back in the living room in front of my brothers.

"Ready when you are." Enzo says and I start reading from the page.

"From age ten,
I would always hope and pray for a family.
A family that would love me,
Take care of me like their supposed too.
I held onto those wishes,
Even in the darkest of times.
Now I am fifteen,
Living with my six brothers.
They were not the easiest to get along with,
But I will never regret the arguments we had.
Those fights were just an obstacle.
They tore down the barrier I put around my heart,
Helped me unlock the shackles holding me back.
They helped me learn to trust them,
And most of all,
They showed me the true meaning of family.
This was all because I chose to trust my brothers,
And I'll never regret it."

When I look back up, I see all my brothers with tears running down their face. Running up to me, they embrace me in a huge group hug. After a few minutes, they finally start to let go.

"That was beautiful." They all said and I just smile.

Once we are sitting back down, I say, "So, now onto something else. I'm not a big fan of sappy stuff and I know you aren't as well.  What movie were you guys watching and how long is left?"

"We are watching the Maze Runner and there is about thirty minutes left." Luca tells me.

I settle back into the couch as they resume the movie. I remember watching this movie with Liam at the theater in California, when they were doing a rerun. Being the book nerd I am, I started stating all the things different from the books and the movie. He got so annoyed with me that he actually got up and moved to another seat. Needless to say, I never talked during a movie again, especially with Liam.

Once the movie was done, Enzo turned off the DVD player and put on the regular tv channels. Flipping randomly, he finally settled on Impractical Jokers, one of my favorite shows, after FRIENDS of course.

"So, what do we do now? It's 10:00pm." Fabiano asked after a few minutes.

I immediately sit up, jumping like a little kid. "Can we make a chocolate cake?"

They just look at me dumbfounded. "You want a chocolate cake, now?" Savio asked, laughing.

I stop jumping and say in a deadly calm voice, "I'm craving chocolate and I want chocolate. Today has been a hard day, so don't mess with me. Therefore, again, I ask you, can we make a chocolate cake?"

Looking at me wide eyed, they quickly nod and run into the kitchen, Nic being the one person staying behind. He turns to me with a knowing smile. "Really?"

I just shrug, looking up at him. "I haven't eaten since lunch and I'm hungry."

His eyes soften. "Remember that time where you could only eat one or two meals a day?"

I just smile up at him. "That is in the past and this is now. I've changed."

Nic swings his arm around my should and starts walking. "You have. Now let's go, Sorellina. Your chocolate cake awaits."

A/N: Hey guys. I was wondering if you wanted an epilogue or should this be the last official chapter?