Chapter 5

Luca, Matteo, and Fabiano wake up about two hours later and take so long to get ready. I swear I think that they are sloths or snails. We leave at noon and on the car ride to the mall, they were chatting amongst themselves, not even bothering to include me. It wasn't like I was going to talk anyway, but they could have at least tried. We finally arrive about thirty minutes later and they look at me. 

"What?" I say. 

"What store do you want to go to first?" said Fabiano. I rarely go shopping so I didn't even know any brands or stores. 

"Why don't you choose? I don't go shopping very often." 

"Aren't you a girl? Don't all girls go shopping like every week?" Excuse me. 

"You are basing me on a stereotype, which I don't like. Not all girls are about shopping. There are girls that hate it and I, personally, am one of them." I turn from the boys, who are shocked that I contradicted them, and walk towards the mall entrance.

We spent about three hours shopping at stores like Hollister, American Eagle, and even Gucci. I may not know a lot about shopping, but even I know how expensive that place is. Most of the stuff I bought were long sleeved and their were a couple of short sleeved blouses as well as dresses, which my brothers forced me to buy. I also bought more leggings, jeans, and shoes. When I saw how much money we were spending, I tried to tell them I'm done, but they continued the spree. After we finished, we stopped at the food court and I just got chicken nuggets with French fries, whereas the boys got like two burgers with a side of large fries. I don't understand how they eat so much, but it is probably because I don't eat a lot. I didn't even finish my food now, which my brothers were mad about. Whatever, it's not my fault.

At about 4:00pm, we got back to the house and I had them help me take my bags to my room. They don't even bother asking me if I need help; they just leave to go who knows where. I placed my clothes in the closet, which I organized based on the clothing item. The right side includes my everyday and athletic wear, whereas the left side has my more nicer and formal wear items. After finishing that, I set up my Apple iPhone and computer that they also bought me, even after I told them that I didn't need it. I finished everything by 5:30 and decided to camp out in my room until dinner time.

I go to the dining room at 7:00 and see that almost everyone is sitting down already except for Mateo. I take the seat that I used yesterday and we wait for him in silence. He finally makes his way down and we start eating. The older boys are speaking in Italian so I decide to eavesdrop. 

"Ti sei press cura del prigioniero?"(Did you take care of the prisoner?) asked Nico. What?! 

"Sì, ma è stato un po 'più complicato di quanto speravo."(Yes, but it was a little messier than I was hoping.) Savio said. 

"Il ragazzo se lo meritava. Non riusciva proprio a tenere la bocca chiusa."(The guy deserved it. He just couldn't keep his mouth shut.) said Lorenzo. Oh my god! What in earth is their family business? I am internally freaking out right now, but keep a blank expression on my face, which was extremely hard. I look at my other brothers and see that they are not affected by their conversation, whereas I am on the verge of having a panic attack.

I look down and see that I ate half of what was on my plate. Maybe I can convince them to let me go to my room since I am already full, and so I don't have an attack in front of them. 

"Excuse me. I am done eating. May I go to my room?" 

Lorenzo looks at me and down at my plate before responding. "You didn't even finish." 

"I ate at the mall and I already told you I don't eat a lot." He looks at the three younger brothers. 

"Is it true that she ate there?" 

Matteo is the one to speak on their behalf. "Yes, but she only had four chicken nuggets and half of her fries." Thanks Matteo for ratting me out. I can feel my breathe starting to shorten so I quickly try to convince him I'm full. I finally succeed and run up to my room. I collapse on my bed and try to take deep breathes. They are nothing like Nate and mom. They are nothing like Nate and mom. I keep repeating this in my mind until I start to feel better. I take a sip of the water bottle I brought back from the mall and just lay in my bed for a while, lost in my thoughts.

At about the same time yesterday, I hear all of my brothers bedroom doors close. I do the exact same thing I did last night; I go to the music room so I can play the piano. This time, I play one of my favorite pieces that I know, Clair de Lune. I get into position and my fingers start playing the keys by muscle memory. I continue playing for about an hour before making my way to bed. Personally, I think the music helps me fall asleep because usually, I have insomnia. I go to sleep immediately after getting under my covers, and hope that tomorrow will be a better day.