s e v e n

s e v e n :

Both Ashton and I stayed in his bed, half naked, chests heaving while we recovered. I knew from the diminishing light in the room, that the sun was going down and Luke was going to get worried if I didn’t get home soon.

My mother dying won’t change much, but if anything, it will make Luke that much more protective over me. I am the only thing he has left of her.

“Ashton.” I say, but it comes out more like a moan, coming down from my high has left me in an unfamiliar state.

He hums in response.

“I probably ought to go.” I say to him, rolling over to face him, moving his curls out of his hazel eyes.

His hands pull me up against him, and our lips brush up against each other.

“Okay.” He tells me, kissing me again and again.

I open my mouth to his and his tongue glides against mine.

I pull away and get up off the bed, picking up my clothes before slipping them on, in front of Ashton, who doesn’t seem to mind the show I’m putting on for him.

He smiles when I look at him, and I shake my head at him, laughing slightly.

Luke would kill me if he knew what I had just done, so this time, I made sure that it looked like I had been at Danielle’s house the entire time, my looks not bringing up any questions.

Ashton gets up and gets dressed but not before kissing me a few times more.

He puts his leather jacket on me, helping me into it before looking down at me while zipping it up.

I look straight into his hazel eyes but can’t think about anything else but Luke’s blue ones.

And for some strange reason I wish it was Luke’s eyes I was staring into.

Our ride home was short as usual, and he dropped me off two houses down.

I took off his leather jacket and zipped up the zipper for him, and when I was done, my hands pulled the collar down so I could kiss him, trying to get Luke off of my mind.

I walked to my door as Ashton zoomed past me on his cycle. I knocked on the door and Luke answered in a pair of sweats, no shirt.

I sucked in a breath as I took him in, trying not to let my face flush.

“Have fun?” He says simply.

“Yeah.” I tell him, slipping past him and away from the chilly October air.

“Dinner’s on the stove Lottie.” He tells me, closing the door after me.