four; facetime

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

kageyama's point of view

"kageyama! hey!" i hear hinata call for me while i'm at the vending machine. i choose my regular drink and grab it from the dispenser before turning to him.

"hey." i pull the straw off of the carton and put it in, taking a sip.

"wanna study later? tsuki said he might help us!" he says. i'll never understand how this guy always has so much energy.

"yeah, sure," i mumble, taking another sip.

suddenly a blonde girl speeds past hinata and i, almost knocking into me. she runs up to a pretty brunette, who seems taken aback by the girl's sudden approach to her. she looks back at me, and catches my eye, before she looks toward her friend who starts talking to her.

☼ ☼ ☼

amaya's point of view

i'm slowly walking through the courtyard listening to my music, my mood a little lightened from before when i had to deal with my mom.

i suddenly see my best friend, keiko, who rushes up to me, pushing past two boys.

my eyes glance from keiko back to the boys as she catches her breath, and i make eye contact with a pair of dark blue eyes that belong to a handsome, tall, raven-haired boy.

i get a little flustered from the eye contact and train my eyes back on keiko.

"hey! i just got our grade back for our project! we aced it!" she says excitedly. "i'm sorry, i just couldn't wait for class to find out so i went in early." she waves a piece of paper with our marks around in the air happily.

i shoot her a smile, and say, "oooh yay! i mean we both knew we were gonna do great," i chuckle. "but i was a little nervous too since it's worth so much of our grade."

"we are such nerds," keiko laughs, "freaking out over some marks," she rolls her eyes, making me laugh too.

we both happily make our ways to our own first classes. truth is, she's really my only friend.

☼ ☼ ☼

after school, i make my way toward the ice rink again. i don't really feel like practicing that hard, so i decide i won't stay long.

an hour into practicing, i decide i've had enough of it and i make my way home. i quickly shower and start some homework.

my phone vibrates beside me.

tobio kageyama

hey.
sorry to bother you again, but
would you be able to help me
with some more math problems?

oh of course!! send em :)

[attachment: 4 images]
sorry it's a lot. you don't have to
help if you don't want to.

please-
it's no problem dummy
okay umm let's see
ok this might be weird and you
can totally say no but can i
facetime you so i can show you
how to do these? bc they're
kinda hard to explain through
a picture and it would be easier
to show you
say no if you don't want to i
won't be upset!

i don't mind at all. that would
probably help me more.

okay awesome!
read 4:02 pm

amaya sugihara would like to facetime!

nervous, i wait for him to pick up, coming to the realization that i've never even seen this guy before.

the phone rings a few times, until he answers. i see the top of his head in the camera as he brings it down to show his full face.

wait- he's the cute boy i saw earlier? the one keiko almost knocked over! oh my god.

a blush makes its way onto my face as i position my full face in the camera.

"hi!" i smile awkwardly.

"hey, thanks for helping me," he responds bluntly. an orange haired boy appears in the frame. i recognize him as the guy who was with him earlier.

"hey, who's that? does kageyama have a girlfriend?" he asks, wiggling his eyebrows as kageyama smacks him.

"shut up dumbass. she's a friend. i actually met her when i dialed the wrong number because of your shitty handwriting. she's gonna help me with math," he says. i chuckle a little.

"hi! what's your name?" the orange haired boy asks. "i'm shoyo hinata!" he smiles energetically.

"nice to meet you, i'm amaya sugihara," i softly say.

kageyama pushes him away, looking back at me. "sorry about him."

"oh- that's fine, let me pull up the problems," i say, going back to the pictures he sent me and writing the problems down.

i go back to facetime and turn the camera to face my notebook. "okay, so i guess we can start on this one. stop me if you have any questions or don't get what i'm doing," i say, grabbing a pencil. he nods.

we spend the next few hours doing problems and talking in between. i'm honestly surprised by how easy it was to talk to him. it seems we have a lot in common, especially since we're both pretty introverted.

our conversation about his volleyball practice game coming up is cut short by my mom's arrival home.

"amaya! i brought dinner!" she yells from downstairs.

i smile apologetically at kageyama, as we both hear her call for me.

"i'm sorry, my mom gets mad at me if i don't eat with her and my dad. i'll talk to you later and you can finish telling me about volleyball! bye kageyama" i say with a sad smile.

he nods, and says, "okay. thank you again for all of your help. and call me tobio. i'll talk to you later amaya." he hangs up.

i slap my cheeks to try to stop blushing after hearing him saying my name.