thirteen; cuddles

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

kageyama's point of view

keiko and shoyo start the movie, and i hear amaya yawn next to me. i notice her eyes start drooping a little and i check the time. it's only 9:30.

she must have had a long day.

keiko and hinata bicker as the movie starts and amaya yawns again, causing me to yawn as well.

about ten minutes in, i see amaya's head droop and fall onto hinata's shoulder, startling him. he looks at her and chuckles, gently lifting her head and moving it off of his shoulder onto mine. he gives me a smirk and i shoot him a glare.

amaya pulls her blanket up and turns toward my body. my heart quickens and i stiffen at the contact. my face is probably really flushed right now and i start to panic.

hinata notices my anxious state and rolls his eyes, reaching over and grabbing my arm, placing it around amaya's back. my eyes widen and he and keiko snicker at me as amaya cuddles more into my side.

eventually i calm down and try to watch the movie. at this point i'm not sure what's even going on because all i can focus on is the girl beside me. i yawn a bit and shift closer to the corner of the couch as gently as possible so i don't wake amaya. i rest my head and finally start to feel comfortable. i feel myself drift off to sleep with amaya in my arms.

☼ ☼ ☼

i'm woken by taps on my shoulder. i open my eyes slowly and feel a weight on my body, looking down and seeing amaya still asleep on me.

"do you have a curfew? it's midnight," hinata asks. i shake my head no.

"no, i told my mom i was probably sleeping over with you if i don't come home," i quietly say. "are you leaving?"

"no, keiko said we can just stay here. she doesn't want us walking home in the middle of the night. she said amaya wouldn't mind," he says as keiko comes back from down the hall, where i'm assuming the bathroom is. she softly chuckles to herself at the sight of amaya sleeping on me before locking the front door, turning the kitchen lights off, and sitting back on the couch next to hinata. they're watching something but i'm not sure what it is, and i try to fall back asleep.

amaya stirs a little and cuddles up closer to me, and i admire her pretty face before falling back asleep.

☼ ☼ ☼

amaya's point of view

i wake up to the sound of birds chirping.

i don't remember how or when i fell asleep but i feel really comfortable and warm. usually my couch isn't really comfortable.

i slowly open my eyes and see my arm around tobio's torso, and realize that his arms are holding me.

oh, my god. what the hell happened when i fell asleep? why is he sleeping over? why are we cuddling right now? and why do i LIKE IT?

i check the time. it's 5:30am and it's still dark outside but i can tell the sun is gonna rise soon.

i kind of have to pee, but i'm not sure what to do. i don't want to wake tobio by getting up, and as much as i hate to admit it, i like being in his arms.

i look over at keiko and shoyo without moving as much as possible, and notice they're in a similar position as tobio and i are. i'm not sure where my phone is or else i would take a photo.

i turn my head back toward tobio and lay it back down on his chest. i don't think i could get up even if i wanted to, his grip on me is so strong.

i hear a faint snore escape his mouth, and i look at him in admiration.

he's so pretty. ugh, how did i end up here? why do i have to have feelings for him?

i guess all i can do now is try to fall back asleep. and i eventually do.